Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer

Hi,

I have an indicator TestIndc that handles more then one data series, let say Data "A" and Data "B".
    I added this indicator to the market analyzer

I don't know if the added column indicator is referenced to Data "A" or Data "B" ?

Sincerely,Kobi

Hello Kobi,

Thank you for your post.

You will need to set each one as a plot so that you can select which one is used for the Market Analyzer when you right click in the Market Analyzer > Columns > Indicator > New > select your Indicator > Plot.

For information on the Plot Class in NinjaScript please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...plot_class.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello Kobi,

Thank you for your post.

You will need to set each one as a plot so that you can select which one is used for the Market Analyzer when you right click in the Market Analyzer > Columns > Indicator > New > select your Indicator > Plot.

For information on the Plot Class in NinjaScript please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...plot_class.htm

Hi PatrickH,

I have one question and a problem.

The question is
      if for example I would like to see the Swing High and the Swing low ,so I added to columns of the Swing indicator. Does the swing indicator are calculating twice?( one for Swing low and one for Swing High)

my problem is that I created an indicator that similar to swing I added it to Market analyzer,and to a chart as well.
      The Indicator is plotting OK in the chart but the column indicator in the Market analyzer just display the the last price and not the indicator Value.

Do you have any suggestion how to solve it?

Sincerely Kobi

Comment

Hello Kobi,

Thank you for your response.

You are correct that the indicators are calculated for each column they are in. To resolve your matter you would need to create a plot for the custom DataSeries so that it can be selected in the Plot option of the Columns window.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
          Hello Kobi,

Thank you for your response.

You are correct that the indicators are calculated for each column they are in. To resolve your matter you would need to create a plot for the custom DataSeries so that it can be selected in the Plot option of the Columns window.
          Hi PatrickH,

thank you for response,

regarding to my problem
          Sorry but I don't understand, I already have a plot of this DataSeries and I see the plot on a chart.
          as I mentioned before I selected the plot from the plot option of the Columns window, but the Value that displayed was the last price. The swing indicator is displaying OK.
          Why I see the plot on a chart but I don't see the correct value in the Market analyzer window.

Sincerely,Kobi
          I did that and selected the

Comment

Hello Kobi,

Thank you for that additional information.

Can you attach the indicator to your response so I may investigate this matter further?

Comment

Market Analyzer problems

Hi Patrick,
              Sorry, But I have to reopen this item regarding the market analyzer.
              I bump into major problems so I continue my investigation.
              I Used only NT indicators nothing from my own develop.

my setup for this test:
              I used the MACD indicator that worked on instrument symbol "A" .
              I used the default setting for the MACD (Fast = 12,Slow = 26,Smooth = 9).
              I added the MACD indicator to a chart and to a market analyzer as well.
              I run the test for CalculateOnCloseBar = true and CalculateOnCloseBar = false as well.
              I also connect to the market replay data .

The Major problem that I encountered was
              the MACD indicator values in the chart and in the Market analyzer are not the same. they displayed different MACD values.

Please see attach files that shows the problem

The other problems are:
              1. It seems that if you update parameter and press the Apply button the market analyzer is reflecting this
              changes, but If you don't close the column window and continue to update other parameters ,press apply and OK, and exit the column window then the market analyzer will not be updated.
              In order to update the market analyzer with all new setting I have to reopen the column window and press OK.
              2. when I am not connecting to any provider I expect that the last price will displayed but it is empty why?

Sincerly, Kobi
              Attached Files
              Last edited by levikNT; 01-10-2014, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Hello Kobi,

Thank you for your update.
                Originally posted by levikNT View Post
                The Major problem that I encountered was the MACD indicator values in the chart and in the Market analyzer are not the same. they displayed different MACD values.
                This is due to the settings in the chart not matching the Market Analyzer. I don't mean the parameters for the indicator, but rather the settings for the bars to load and the session used in both the Market Analyzer and chart.

Please right click in your chart > select Data Series > take note of the Session Template used. Then right click in the Market Analyzer > select Properties and select the same Session Template as the chart. While in the properties of the Market Analyzer take not of the '# of bars to look back' > then right click in your chart > select Data Series > change the 'Load Data Based On' to Bars > and set the 'Bars to load' to the same as the Market Analyzer.
                Originally posted by levikNT View Post
                The other problems are:
                1. It seems that if you update parameter and press the Apply button the market analyzer is reflecting this
                changes, but If you don't close the column window and continue to update other parameters ,press apply and OK, and exit the column window then the market analyzer will not be updated.
                In order to update the market analyzer with all new setting I have to reopen the column window and press OK.
                2. when I am not connecting to any provider I expect that the last price will displayed but it is empty why?
                1. Likely multiple columns are updating. check the Control Center's bottom right hand side to see if the data is reloading (it is more than likely loading the data for the columns).
                2. Because there is no update on the last price.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you

Sincerely,Kobi

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NRITV