Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom graphic object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom graphic object

I would like to create an indicator which draws a graphic object on the chart. Specifically, I want two rectangles (boxes) joined together as one object, one box representing distance to a price target the other a stop projection on the chart. The graphic should be able to be dragged around using the mouse so I can overlay it on the current price and see if targets/stops fit into the price action. It should resize/move when the price axis changes. My questions are:

1. Is something like this technically possible?

2. If it is possible is there any code avaliable to give some general guidance so I don't have to reinvent the wheel?

Thanks

P.S. I think something like this would be very useful to many traders. It would be nice if it was included as a standard drawing tool in NinjaTrader, Hint, Hint....
    Last edited by seahn; 01-15-2014, 10:20 PM.

seahn, thanks for the post and feedback. Creating a custom drawing object would not be possible currently unfortunately, but we do run an enhancement suggestion on our tracking lists in this regard, I will make sure your vote is considered.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by seahn View Post
      I would like to create an indicator which draws a graphic object on the chart. Specifically, I want two rectangles (boxes) joined together as one object, one box representing distance to a price target the other a stop projection on the chart. The graphic should be able to be dragged around using the mouse so I can overlay it on the current price and see if targets/stops fit into the price action. It should resize/move when the price axis changes. My questions are:

1. Is something like this technically possible?

2. If it is possible is there any code avaliable to give some general guidance so I don't have to reinvent the wheel?

Thanks

P.S. I think something like this would be very useful to many traders. It would be nice if it was included as a standard drawing tool in NinjaTrader, Hint, Hint....
      Unlock the DrawObject after you create it.
      Code:
      IRectangle seahnRect = DrawRectangle(...);
      seahnRect.Locked = false;
      ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...drawobject.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Kaledus