Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Plot/PlotStyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot/PlotStyle

Is it possible to add a type of line or plot or something where I can plot a values every 10 bars and the plot will connect the values with strait lines?

Right now I I plot a point and then have to run a loop to calculate each of the interpolated values since the last point. This works OK but not great since the lines aren't perfectly strait and the corners are sometimes rounded.

LorneCash, you mean like the ZigZag plot? It would connect the calculated swing points via a graphics path in C# in the overriden Plot method.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was hoping there was an easier way but that's not too bad I will use that as a reference. Thank you.

Comment

A 'connecting plot' options is on our list of feedback, will make a sure your vote is counted here in as well.

Comment

OK so I've been looking at the ZigZag indicator for a couple days now and it seemed really confusing and inefficient to me... I made a copy and started editing it and when I ended I reduced the total lines (not including script generated code) from 428 lines to 213 lines and it also has a much more linear flow. I know I can submit it in the forum section but can I submit it directly to NT so it can possibly be distributed in the next update? Or is NT not interested is stuff like that?

PS I verified that the output is identical by plotting my ZigZag indicator directly on top of the NT ZigZag indicator and they follow exactly.
          Last edited by LorneCash; 02-02-2014, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the offer and follow up, if you could contact us directly at support at ninjatrader dot com with the script would be great, we would then review and compare to our internal version updates for the next major platform release.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes