Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

adding a label to ohlc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding a label to ohlc

I've searched the forums, it doesn't appear you can label the ohlc lines but just wanted to double check?

Originally posted by zachj View Post
    I've searched the forums, it doesn't appear you can label the ohlc lines but just wanted to double check?

You can use the anaCurrentDayOHLV42 from the SessionPivots package V42. It has labels for all lines. If you do not like the labels you can easily replace those labels with other labels that you like (just edit the indicator and change the labels in lines 228 to 240)

The indicator allows you to display OHLC for the full session (ETH) or the regular session (RTH). The default setting is RTH. The regular session OHLC can only be displayed on a full session chart, if you subdivide your ETH session template accordingly.

All plots that you do not need, such as dynamic fib lines, noise bands or expansion bands can be easily unselected.

The indicator can be found here:

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I should have been clearer, was looking for the prior day ohlc labels. When backtesting wanted to be able to scroll through the chart tab and be able to see the prior day ohlc with labels. So I was looking for something I could just add in the initialize section to label the lines so I know which is which when scrolling through the charts quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by zachj View Post
        Sorry I should have been clearer, was looking for the prior day ohlc labels. When backtesting wanted to be able to scroll through the chart tab and be able to see the prior day ohlc with labels. So I was looking for something I could just add in the initialize section to label the lines so I know which is which when scrolling through the charts quickly.
        You can download the same indicator package as per link below. If you apply the anaPivotsDailyV42 indicator to your chart, it will show the prior day's high, low and close (but it won't plot the prior day's open).

I do not have any indicator, which plots the prior open. However, I have coded an indicator that plots prior opens associated with naked gaps.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post BarzTrading