Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Always "Failed to send test mail"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always "Failed to send test mail"

I could not get send mail work after trying many email accounts including gmail, outlook, and private smtp servers.

I have followed the instruction (screenshots) in this post:

Please advise how to get "send mail" work, e.g. send a test email by clicking the "Test" button on "Tools -> Options -> Misc".

Thanks and regards,
    Johnnie

Originally posted by johnnie View Post
    I could not get send mail work after trying many email accounts including gmail, outlook, and private smtp servers.

Please advise how to get "send mail" work, e.g. send a test email by clicking the "Test" button on "Tools -> Options -> Misc".

Thanks and regards,
    Johnnie
    Hi Johnnie,

It might help if you took a screen shot of your Tools>options>Misc table settings (leave off your e-mail address) as well as the error message(s) in your logfile.

Regards

Comment

Thanks and regards,
      Johnnie
      Hi,

Please make sure you have pressed "OK" after you have setup the settings, but before you press your test option. If you have not selected OK, it will test using the old settings, which may not work.
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks. It works now!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          Hi,

Please make sure you have pressed "OK" after you have setup the settings, but before you press your test option. If you have not selected OK, it will test using the old settings, which may not work.
          Hi Matthew,

I got the test mail working. However, the SendMail function does work in my strategy. I use the following code to send an email:
          if(!Historical){
          PrintWithTimeStamp("Historical = " + Historical);
          SendMail("[email protected]", "[email protected]", "subject", "test msg");
          }

In the output window, I got outputs like:
          10.02.2013 22:00:00 Historical = False

But there is no email in my mailbox. I also check the spam folder.

Could you advise how to use this function correctly?

Thanks and regards,
          Johnnie

Comment

Hi Matthew,

I got the test mail working. However, the SendMail function does work in my strategy. I use the following code to send an email:
            if(!Historical){
            PrintWithTimeStamp("Historical = " + Historical);
            SendMail("[email protected]", "[email protected]", "subject", "test msg");
            }

In the output window, I got outputs like:
            10.02.2013 22:00:00 Historical = False

But there is no email in my mailbox. I also check the spam folder.

Could you advise how to use this function correctly?

Thanks and regards,
            Johnnie
            Was your tests immediately after configuring the mail settings? If you have not yet, please try restarting NinjaTrader. A restart of the platform should ensure your settings you configure are available to be used with the SendMail function.

Comment

Hi support i`m having the same problem for 2 days.Was also trying sever Gmail accounts,the settings are as per this suggestions:

Below is a list of known e-mail settings and information demonstrating configuring e-mail alerts within NinjaTrader. Included are settings which have been tested with basic accounts. Please ensure that your settings are configured identically to those included, as some only use the beginning of the e-mail address and do not

But i get the same message over and over againg:

"Failed to send test mail"

How do i go about,as i`ve actually tried everything i could!

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of your Config file. The Config file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                  Hello,

Please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of your Config file. The Config file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder.
                  Hi Kyle,i`ve just sent the requested file to you.Please check it out.

Regards!

Comment

Hi support,there was nothing on the provider`s part as we`ve just chek everything out.As i said before,the problem has started after the system recovery,i use Windows7 OS.Please,suggest what else can be done.

Regards!

Comment

Maybe this would be helpful:

в NinjaTrader.Cbi.Globals.MailThreadProc()
                      21.02.2014 14:16:19|3|4|Failed to send mail: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Сбой при отправке сообщения электронной почты. ---> System.FormatException: Недопустимый знак в заголовке электронной почты.
                      в System.Net.BufferBuilder.Append(String value, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
                      в System.Net.Mail.EHelloCommand.PrepareCommand(SmtpC onnection conn, String domain)
                      в System.Net.Mail.EHelloCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, String domain)
                      в System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(Strin g host, Int32 port)
                      в System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.GetConnection(String host, Int32 port)
                      в System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.GetConnection()
                      в System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
                      --- Конец трассировки внутреннего стека исключений ---
                      в NinjaTrader.Cbi.Globals.SendMailNow(Boolean useUserMailAccount, String from, String to, String cc, String subject, String body, String[] attachmentPaths)

It`s from the log.

Comment

Originally posted by cachevery View Post
                        Maybe this would be helpful:

21.02.2014 14:16:19|3|4|Failed to send mail: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Сбой при отправке сообщения электронной почты. ---> System.FormatException: Недопустимый знак в заголовке электронной почты.
                        в System.Net.BufferBuilder.Append(String value, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
                        в System.Net.Mail.EHelloCommand.PrepareCommand(SmtpC onnection conn, String domain)
                        в System.Net.Mail.EHelloCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, String domain)
                        в System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(Strin g host, Int32 port)
                        в System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.GetConnection(String host, Int32 port)
                        в System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.GetConnection()
                        --- Конец трассировки внутреннего стека исключений ---
                        в NinjaTrader.Cbi.Globals.SendMailNow(Boolean useUserMailAccount, String from, String to, String cc, String subject, String body, String[] attachmentPaths)

It`s from the log.

any willing to help?

Comment

Сбой при отправке сообщения электронной почты. ---> System.FormatException: Недопустимый знак в заголовке электронной почты.
                          I believe this is saying there is an invalid character in the mail being sent.

What do you have the OS system religion and language options set up as? As a test, can you switch to US-English and let us know if you see the same error?

Comment

Hi Matt,yes i switched the system language to English,and now it sends test email.But previously it was fine and with Russian??

But thank to you mate anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by cachevery View Post
                              Hi Matt,yes i switched the system language to English,and now it sends test email.But previously it was fine and with Russian??

But thank to you mate anyway!
                              Hi guys,after i set the system language to English in order to avoid problem with sendinf emails,now ,wuth the certaing programm i have a font problem.What can i do about it?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rocketman7  
                              Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary