• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ETH and RTH dataseries in one indicator

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    ETH and RTH dataseries in one indicator

    Hi,

    I'd like to run calculation from ETH session data with an indicator, that is loaded on chart with RTH session template. Is that possible?

    e.g. show ETH H/L of prior day on RTH chart

    Thanks

    Thomas

    #2
    Hi Thomas, that would currently unfortunately not be possible without further custom coding, since the session template would directly be dictated from the primary series on the chart. A more flexible handling is on our feedback lists for consideration.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      Hi Bertrand,
      I don't mind custom coding .
      Can you give me a hint?

      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Thomas, that would currently unfortunately not be possible without further custom coding, since the session template would directly be dictated from the primary series on the chart. A more flexible handling is on our feedback lists for consideration.

      Comment


        #4
        Well, you would have the ETH series for example and now you would need to track the Max High and Min Low for your given timerange, essentially only updating your tracking if within your given timefilter for the RTH session for example.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

        Comment


          #5
          Yes, right.
          This would be easy to code, but I'm looking at it the other way around.

          Having RTH data loaded in indicator and e.g. trying to access ETH as a 2nd dataseries. I'd even use "unfiltered" 24/7 data, if possible.

          Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Well, you would have the ETH series for example and now you would need to track the Max High and Min Low for your given timerange, essentially only updating your tracking if within your given timefilter for the RTH session for example.

          Comment


            #6
            Oh I see - you're going to be limited by your primary session template, so even with the internal added series you could not drive that off another template.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by td_910 View Post
              Hi,

              I'd like to run calculation from ETH session data with an indicator, that is loaded on chart with RTH session template. Is that possible?

              e.g. show ETH H/L of prior day on RTH chart

              Thanks

              Thomas
              Hi Thomas,

              you can create a session template with 3 sections. See template attached for ES. You can then use the SessionPivotsV42 to display the prior day's high and low.

              -> if you set the indicator to "DailyBars" it will display high and low from your daily data base
              -> if you set the indicator to "ETH" it will display the prior day's ETH high and low
              -> if you set the indicator to "RTH" it will display the prior day's RTH high and low

              I have also attached a chart with the prior day's RTH high and low displayed.
              Attached Files

              Comment


                #8
                If you wish to display the prior day's full session high and low on a RTH chart, this is also possible

                -> if your daily data is ETH data (for example Kinetick or DTN/IQ)
                -> if you set the SessionPivots to "DailyBars"

                You will then have the prior day's full session high and low displayed on your RTH chart.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I have Rhitmic, but I found thread on BMT to communicate between indicators.


                  Originally posted by Harry View Post
                  If you wish to display the prior day's full session high and low on a RTH chart, this is also possible

                  -> if your daily data is ETH data (for example Kinetick or DTN/IQ)
                  -> if you set the SessionPivots to "DailyBars"

                  You will then have the prior day's full session high and low displayed on your RTH chart.

                  Comment

                  Latest Posts

                  Collapse

                  Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by darkgreen, Today, 03:35 PM
                  0 responses
                  7 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post darkgreen  
                  Started by GTBrooks, Today, 02:44 PM
                  2 responses
                  14 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post GTBrooks  
                  Started by GLFX005, Today, 12:22 PM
                  4 responses
                  41 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Kate  
                  Started by AspenHiker, Today, 08:37 AM
                  1 response
                  13 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Kate  
                  Started by MartinT, Yesterday, 01:12 PM
                  3 responses
                  17 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post MartinT
                  by MartinT
                   
                  Working...
                  X