Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ETH and RTH dataseries in one indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ETH and RTH dataseries in one indicator

Hi,

I'd like to run calculation from ETH session data with an indicator, that is loaded on chart with RTH session template. Is that possible?

e.g. show ETH H/L of prior day on RTH chart

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Thomas, that would currently unfortunately not be possible without further custom coding, since the session template would directly be dictated from the primary series on the chart. A more flexible handling is on our feedback lists for consideration.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,
      I don't mind custom coding .
      Can you give me a hint?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Thomas, that would currently unfortunately not be possible without further custom coding, since the session template would directly be dictated from the primary series on the chart. A more flexible handling is on our feedback lists for consideration.

Comment

Well, you would have the ETH series for example and now you would need to track the Max High and Min Low for your given timerange, essentially only updating your tracking if within your given timefilter for the RTH session for example.

Comment

Yes, right.
          This would be easy to code, but I'm looking at it the other way around.

Having RTH data loaded in indicator and e.g. trying to access ETH as a 2nd dataseries. I'd even use "unfiltered" 24/7 data, if possible.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Well, you would have the ETH series for example and now you would need to track the Max High and Min Low for your given timerange, essentially only updating your tracking if within your given timefilter for the RTH session for example.

Comment

Oh I see - you're going to be limited by your primary session template, so even with the internal added series you could not drive that off another template.

Comment

Originally posted by td_910 View Post
              Hi,

I'd like to run calculation from ETH session data with an indicator, that is loaded on chart with RTH session template. Is that possible?

e.g. show ETH H/L of prior day on RTH chart

Thanks

Thomas
              Hi Thomas,

you can create a session template with 3 sections. See template attached for ES. You can then use the SessionPivotsV42 to display the prior day's high and low.

-> if you set the indicator to "DailyBars" it will display high and low from your daily data base
              -> if you set the indicator to "ETH" it will display the prior day's ETH high and low
              -> if you set the indicator to "RTH" it will display the prior day's RTH high and low

I have also attached a chart with the prior day's RTH high and low displayed.
              Attached Files

Comment

If you wish to display the prior day's full session high and low on a RTH chart, this is also possible

-> if your daily data is ETH data (for example Kinetick or DTN/IQ)
                -> if you set the SessionPivots to "DailyBars"

You will then have the prior day's full session high and low displayed on your RTH chart.

Comment

I have Rhitmic, but I found thread on BMT to communicate between indicators.

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                  If you wish to display the prior day's full session high and low on a RTH chart, this is also possible

-> if your daily data is ETH data (for example Kinetick or DTN/IQ)
                  -> if you set the SessionPivots to "DailyBars"

You will then have the prior day's full session high and low displayed on your RTH chart.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin