Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Question on using Visual Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on using Visual Studio

I have read some posts that indicate the Visual Studio editor can be used. They all seem to talk about using older versions of VS. Can Someone tell me with NT7 is compatible with VS2013.

Jerry, hope all is well. Officially we would only support using VS as debug aid by being able to attach it to the NT Managed .NET process and inspect variable states this way via breakpoints. However building a custom solution for VS to edit NT studies should work for latest 2013 from my experience as well, you would just need to load the NT7 project from the custom folder, add the NT Core and Wilson OR Mapper references in and rebuild it. Then add it any study from the indicator / strategy folders via the solution explorer - you can then edit them in VS via Intellisense etc. However compile still needs to happen in NT.

We do have deeper developement aspects support on our list for consideration in this area for our next major platform update.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand
      Great to hear from you, Everything is good , I hope the same for you. My project is gotten to the size that every other minute I am thinking, I need a split screen. Last night I followed one of your VS posts and found NP++ . I downloaded it , It is easy and solved my problem. Maybe not as clean as I would like it in terms of compiling but workable. Since its open source I don't know why your development doesn't jump all over it and add a plugin to be more ninja friendly. Either way they need to do something.

Thanks
      Jerry

Comment

Thanks for sharing that input Jerry, happy to hear your project is expanding - there's definitely enhancement planned in this area for our next major release of the platform to better cater the 'heavy' developer circles.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses