• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do I enable strategy via Script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nettony
    started a topic How do I enable strategy via Script

How do I enable strategy via Script

I am trying to do a button to enable and disable a strategy.

Disable() is straight forward and works, but how do I activate the Strategy again via button

I tried Enable() and it does exit as a function

The below Script works for Disable what do I use for the inverse event

private void button_Disable_Click( object sender, EventArgs e )
    {
    // May I access NT properties (ChartControl, BarsArray) in this handler?
    Disable();
    }

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    gplatis, would I suggest to check out as example would be those samples here on this topic - this should provide some ideas to get started - http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=4804

Leave a comment:

• gplatis
    replied
    Pausing - Resuming - Restrting programmati a strategy in NT7 - An everlasting problem

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
    nettony, unfortunately programmatically enabling / starting a script could not be supported, that would need to be a manual operation. If you just want to pause it I would not disable it firstplace.
    Hi Bertrand,
    how I (programmatically) pause the running strat and, then, how I (programmatically) unpause/resume it ? Using "strategyhalt = true; " works fine and halts the strategy (if certain conditions are true). The problem is when you are in a flat position - after a strategy gets halted- the "strategyhalt = false; " is not working. Can you please give us a code snippet (exampl)e of how I can programmatically make the strat running again the next day session using the above method (strategyhold = true or any other method ? Will you EVER solve out this problem ? Many tradres expect a solution from you guys.. Thanks.

Thanks
    Last edited by gplatis; 04-16-2017, 04:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    nettony, unfortunately programmatically enabling / starting a script could not be supported, that would need to be a manual operation. If you just want to pause it I would not disable it firstplace.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by jecoyeko, Today, 12:45 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post jecoyeko  
Started by Newtrader101, Yesterday, 06:31 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_EricB