Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trying to find a keyword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to find a keyword

As stated in the header, I am trying to locate a keyword. I am not entirely sure it exists in ninjascript, so I thought I would ask before I go through the trouble of creating a method.

In mql4 there is a keyword "Digits", which gives the precision of the instrument in question. For instance, with my broker, the EURUSD has a current bid price of 1.37755. The "Digits" keyword would return a result of "5", since there are 5 decimal places of precision in the price. QUESTION: Is there a keyword in ninjascript that does the same thing, and if so, what is it?

Thanks for the help!

Hello Antny,

NinjaTrader does not have a built in method for this no, but there is C# method that I found that may help you with this so you do not have to write a custom method for this that you may try.

I'm wondering if there is a concise and accurate way to pull out the number of decimal places in a decimal value (as an int) that will be safe to use across different culture info? For example: 19.0

Code:
    Print("How may decimals is the current price: "+BitConverter.GetBytes(decimal.GetBits((decimal)Close[0])[3])[2]);

Print("How may decimals is the Tick Size: "+BitConverter.GetBytes(decimal.GetBits((decimal)TickSize)[3])[2]);
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
      Hello Antny,

NinjaTrader does not have a built in method for this no, but there is C# method that I found that may help you with this so you do not have to write a custom method for this that you may try.

I'm wondering if there is a concise and accurate way to pull out the number of decimal places in a decimal value (as an int) that will be safe to use across different culture info? For example: 19.0

Code:
      Print("How may decimals is the current price: "+BitConverter.GetBytes(decimal.GetBits((decimal)Close[0])[3])[2]);

Print("How may decimals is the Tick Size: "+BitConverter.GetBytes(decimal.GetBits((decimal)TickSize)[3])[2]);
      That will save me a bit of time. This is the code I ended up using:

Code:
      digits = [COLOR="Sienna"]BitConverter.GetBytes(decimal.GetBits((decimal)(double)TickSize)[3])[2];[/COLOR]
      Print("digits: "+digits.ToString()+"  TickSize: "+TickSize.ToString());
      The output is "digits: 4 TickSize: 0.0001"

Comment

Originally posted by Antny View Post
        That will save me a bit of time. This is the code I ended up using:

Code:
        digits = [COLOR="Sienna"]BitConverter.GetBytes(decimal.GetBits((decimal)(double)TickSize)[3])[2];[/COLOR]
        Print("digits: "+digits.ToString()+"  TickSize: "+TickSize.ToString());
        The output is "digits: 4 TickSize: 0.0001"
        Have you seen Round2TickSize()?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          Have you seen Round2TickSize()?
          No, I have not seen that one before now. My only reference is the Ninja tutorial and what I can locate on the Microsoft C# forum. Although, I seem to be picking it up reasonably well so far. I started learning NinjaScript/C# on Monday, and I have most of my indicator completed, and working properly (ticking in at 2091 lines of code as of now).

I have had to create a few new methods, to do processes that I could not find in NinjaScript. Aside from some little things here and there, like not knowing specific keywords, and the like, the transition from mql4 (my first programming language) has been pretty smooth.

Anyway, thanks for the tip, and when I get a chance, I will try to hunt up some info on the Round2TickSize() method.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by agclub, Yesterday, 08:57 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post agclub
          by agclub

Started by cre8able, 04-17-2024, 04:16 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes