Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Order Rejected due to symbol erroneously reported as unavailable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Rejected due to symbol erroneously reported as unavailable

This is my first post and I just want to say that I'm very happy with NT overall. I've been using it for about 2 months now and am very impressed with the offering and especially the support!

In live trading in my IB paper account I got a rejected order for stock symbol CME. What's strange is that over the last week I've successfully had automated trades go through on this symbol several times and in fact a different strategy was holding a position in CME at the time this strategy's order was rejected. The error message text I got was "IB (paper). You are trying to submit an order without having market data for this instrument. IB strongly recommends against this kind of blind trading which may result in erroneous or unexpected trades. Restrict affected Order: BuyToCover 88 Stop @ 74.85". NT threw up this error "Strategy XYZ/[GUID] submitted an order that generated the following error 'OrderRejected'. Strategy has sent cancel requests, attempted to close the position and terminated itself". NT succeeded in closing that position and shutting that strategy down.

Has anyone else ever seen this before? Any clues why I'd suddenly get this error for a symbol that I otherwise have great success trading?

My setup is NT 7.0.1 64bit, Windows 7 box 8GB mem, 8 core proc etc. I had about 90 rows in my strategies tab of NT, each row running a single symbol. All together trading about 50 different symbols. I have a Kinetick subscription good for 100 simultaneous symbols and I believe my IB is also good for 100 simultaneous symbols so I can't figure why I would have gotten this order.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by upshot; 03-27-2014, 11:06 AM.

Hello upshot,

Thanks for your post.

So I may assist you further please answer the following.

1) Do you get real time data for this instrument within the Orders tab of the Control Center?
    2) Do you get real time data for this instrument within Traders Workstation?
    3) What version of NinjaTrader are you using? (Example: 7.0.1000.22)

* You can check under Help -> About

4) What build of Traders Workstation are you using?

* To verify what version of Traders Workstation you currently have log into Traders Workstation
    * Under Help go to About Traders Workstation...
    * Scroll down and look for Build
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1) Yes, I do get real time data for this instrument in Orders tab of Control Center
      2) Yes, I do get real time data for this instrument within TWS
      3) My NT version is 7.0.1000.22
      4) Trader Workstation build is 943.2a (see attached screen shot in original post)

Comment

Hello upshot,

Thanks for your reply.

The current version of Traders Workstation supported is Traders Workstation 938.1

You can download Traders Workstation 938.1 from the link below

Follow the steps in our Interactive Brokers Connection guide (linked below) to configure Traders Workstation 938.1

Once installed please test again.

Comment

Ok great, I will give that a try after NA session close today. I did not know NT was so sensitive to TWS version but I guess that makes sense. Question: in general in the future, how can I know what version of TWS is currently supported by NT? Do you send out an email to your user base or is there a website I can go to determine what version of TWS i should be running?

Comment

Hello upshot,

Thanks for your reply.

You can check the release notes after upgrading NinjaTrader to see if a new version of Traders Workstation is supported. You can check this by going to Help> Help
            Then select Release Notes

Comment

Perfect. Doing as you say I see the following:

NinjaTrader Version 7.0.1000.14 Production Release - June 13, 2013
              Updated 4768 IB adapter Updated to TWS 938.1

Thanks and I'll post here again if I see further similar issues.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rhubear
              by rhubear

Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
              8 responses
              1 like