Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Errors Backtesting using Dividends and Splits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors Backtesting using Dividends and Splits

I am connected to Yahoo and I am running a bond fund rotation backtest going back to 1996. The problems is that I am getting NEGATIVE price values.

I have since just download the historical prices and imported adjusted closing values, but would prefer to be able to have a reliable price feed that I can just connect to, have the split and dividend boxes check in data, and for the system to run a correct analysis.

Do you have a recommendation on the best provider for NJT? Also, might I be doing something wrong that causes the pricing to go negative?

Thanks!

Hello Dunwoodyjr,

Thank you for your post.

Can you provide a screenshot of the negative values that you are seeing.

Additionally, can you provide a link on NJT, as I am not familiar with this instrument and would like to test this on my end.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is the chart of VCVSX.

Also, is there ever any LIVE training seminars I can pay for that has training person to person? I have been playing around with MJT for years, but I am getting to be a very serious trader and need to REALLY know how to use the software inside and out. Just wondering. Thanks!

Also, I have problems getting the Adjust Spliits and Dividends boxes to stay recognized. I will check them, shut down the program, restart the program and they will be unchecked. Any ideas?

Comment

Forgot the Chart
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Dunwoodyjr,

Thank you for the follow up.

You can view free live training webinars each week from the following link:

I can investigate the VCVSX Splits and Dividends and negative price situation further. Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
          1.) A link to this forum thread.
          2.) Your latest log and trace file:
          You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
          • The log file will be named "log.20140407.txt"

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
          • The trace file will be named "trace.20140407.txt"
          Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I sent you the logs. Also, I know that there are online webinars. I want to PAY someone to help me, one on one. I have about 15-20 questions and scenarios I'd like someone to assist me with in executing. Do you know of any 3rd party training companies who can do this live or by webinar? Thank you for your assistance!

Comment

Hello Dunwoodyjr,

Thank you for the follow up.

I have received your email to our support helpdesk and I am investigating the situation further on my end.

In regards to paid webinars for education, I am not familiar with any service for this although with that being said you can check out our partners page where you may be able to a partner who would be willing to provide this service:
              Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post funk10101  
              Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
              1 response
              0 likes