Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Id of an Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Id of an Order

Is there someone knows how to get the strategy id of an order taken from the chart trader? I have attached a sample image on it. My purpose in getting the strategy id is that I will compare that to the ATM strategy that I setup in the chart so that I would know that that order came from that chart.
    Attached Files

Hi edward_bell,

The ATM Strategy instance ID is not viewable in NinjaTrader.

As a workaround, I would suggest making copies of the ATM Strategy and giving these unique names for the charts they are on.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If that is the case then how can we know if that trade is coming from that chart. For example, how can we know if a long position is coming from the 5 Renko chart? I am talking about how can an indicator know if that trade is coming from a certain chart. I am trying to build an indicator that detects if that trade is coming from a certain chart trader.

Comment

Hi edward_bell,

In line with my previous suggestion you can copy your ATM Strategy and add R5 to the name..

Comment

Okay I will make an ATM Template "testR5" then I will take a trade using chart trader with testR5 as my template. If that trade is filled then can I say something like this Print("output:" +myOrder.Id) and it will output testR5? I know we can get the order name etc., what I am trying to say is that I want to know what ATM template does the trade used.

Comment

Hi edward_bell,

I was thinking that you would see the ATM Strategy name in the Orders tab of the Control Center.

I've been looking in to printing the order information in code, and I am not able to find the ATM Strategy name or ID in the code.

This may not be possible to do. If it is possible it is unsupported.

If I find a way I will let you know but as of now I do not think this would be possible.

Comment

Is there another way that could tell that the open position is coming from a certain chart? Like for example if the Buy/Sell Market button on the chart trader is being click? I just need something that could tell that a trade is coming from a certain chart. Do you have any tips or ideas on it?

Comment

Hi edward_bell,

I've asked around the office for any ideas about this. So far we are not able to find a way to do this.

However, I would be happy to submit a feature request in your behalf to allow the associated AtmStrategyId or name of an order to be returned with the IOrder object so that we can find this information.

Would you like me to do this?

Comment

Yeah..please do. Thank you.

Comment

Hi edward_bell,

Thanks for the great suggestion. I have passed this along to our development team.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other suggestions you may have.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Waxavi
                    by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                    0 responses