Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator could not be Serialized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator could not be Serialized

I am getting "INdicator could not be serialized" when saving workspace. Been there done that and I know it usually means that color inputs need to be serialized, However I have not added any inputs especially color inputs. The only thing I did was delete some code remnants that were old and no longer necessary. The code compiles and runs fine. I just cannot save the indicator in the workspace. How do I find it. Does anyone have any tricks for this?

Thanks
    J~

Hi Jerry, do you use any exposed series / public classes or interfaces? Did you do any changes in the properties perhaps especially on the XmlIgnore tags?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand
      I have one public class that is serialized but that hasn't changed. Currently I have no exposed externals. No changes were made to XML tags or any other properties. The only thing I think I did was remove Two classes and any references to their methods.

Jerry

Comment

Thanks Jerry, would the outcome be different if you tried in a complete fresh workspace? Or would it trigger the same issue? Do you still have the old version of code that did not trigger it? Worst case would be isolating out what step changed the outcome for you.

Comment

Oh well - That's what I was trying to avoid. I was hoping their were some tricks to find this. The prior version works fine so I guess I know what I have to do. The worst part is that when you make a lot of changes and it compiles and runs fine. You have the illusion you are home free. LOL

Thanks
          Bertrand.

Comment

Yes, that would be for compile time and C# usually catches a lot as it is pretty demanding there to get through. However still such realtime items could come up and would need to be dealt with unfortunately via isolation and testing.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post alifarahani  
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            1 response
            0 likes