Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How is Performance.RealtimeTrades.TradesPerformance.Perce nt.CumProfit calculated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is Performance.RealtimeTrades.TradesPerformance.Perce nt.CumProfit calculated?

Hi. I had my custom strategy send me an email at the end of one day's trading session and the email included the day's [Performance.RealtimeTrades.TradesPerformance.Curre ncy.CumProfit] and [Performance.RealtimeTrades.TradesPerformance.Perce nt.CumProfit]. For an account value of about $1000, I got an email saying at the end of the trading day, I got 31.8799999999961 as my Currency.CumProfit and 0.00065834741769355 was the Percent.CumProfit. It maybe be just me but considering the figures of the account value and the Currency.CumProfit, the Percent.CumProfit seems way off. How exactly is Percent.CumProfit calculated? What figures are used in its calculation and how do they interact? Please let me know. Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The cumulative profit in percent is calculated with:

PRODUCT(1 + profit / entry price) of all trades - 1

Below is a link to the Statistic Definitions where you can compare this with the formula of the currency.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...efinitions.htm
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response. It turns out that definition is different from what I thought it was. Could you please tell me, then, if AvgProfit is the same as CumProfit in terms of their definition? If not, could you please tell me the definition of AvgProfit? I couldn't find it in the link you sent me and it may be what I am looking for (I am thinking of a parameter that establishes the ratio between profit and accountvalue e.g. profit / accountvalue as percentage ). Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi mbesha,

The AvgProfit is not in the Statistic Definitions because this is not included with any Performance Reports.

It can be accessed however from a NinjaScript Strategy.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...?avgprofit.htm

This would be an average of the profits.

So a profit of 1, 5 and 10 would be an average profit of 5.33.

Comment

So I take it that there is no NT defined variable or parameter that expresses the P/L as a percentage of the account value. Thanks. I will try to create a variable in my strategy then that will do that for me.

Comment

Hi mbesha,

There is not a value like this in NinjaTrader but yes you can calculate this yourself.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by molecool, 10-09-2017, 10:48 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trader-ap  
            Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:53 PM
            1 response
            0 likes