Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Restablishing Connection from the Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Rodrigo,

Thank you for your response.

Are there any messages or errors in the Log tab of the NinjaTrader Control Center when this occurs? If so, can you please detail these in your response?

Comment

Hello Rodrigo,

Thank you for your patience.

I spoke with Clear and this an item they are looking into to resolve. There is currently a server shut down that will occur at night, that is likely the cause of the item you are seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
        Hello Rodrigo,

Thank you for your patience.

I spoke with Clear and this an item they are looking into to resolve. There is currently a server shut down that will occur at night, that is likely the cause of the item you are seeing.
        Thanks Patrick.

Even with their shutdown every night, wasn't NT supposed to automatically reconnect in the following day by the morning when connection is again available?

Rgds

Comment

Hello Rodrigo,

The adapter should attempt a reconnect as well as NinjaTrader. However, there have been cases in the past where an adapter is unable to re-establish the connection. In these cases a manual re-connect is required by the user.

Comment

How can I formalize a suggestion to have a feature like this developed / added to NT future versions? It would be my dream to turn NT on and connect by the beginning of a week or a month, leave it there trading for me and then at the end of a week or a month, I'd go there and check performance. Without having to open it and manually connect it every day.. you follow me? That would be a real automated trading engine!!!!

Another is to have visibility on connection attempts information, for example, how many time has it tried to reconnect after a connection was lost and why wasn't it possible? I can't see that kind of information on the logs.

Thank you
            Rodrigo

Comment

Hello Rodrigo,

This is actually how NinjaTrader should perform. It should attempt to re-connect. The Log tab would produce the information, but does not list each and every connection re-attempt. The case here is that the connection is lost and unfortunately a manual re-connect is needed. This is seen with other connection technologies as well when a server goes down for maintenance.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the response, but I still think there's a bug (or a future enhancement) there, NT should be able to simulate my actions of manually disconnecting/reconnecting and do it itself for me, I would love that, it would save me a lot of time and it would make NT more perfect to me as it would run without my intervention. Means I can go the beach and not have to worry about it

A server can be down for 12 hours over night, and if it gets back up in the following day right before market opens, NT should be smart enough to sense that and reconnect it. If I can do it manually, a software can do it automatically for me. The same for a weekend, I would love to leave NT running non stop for a month, if during the weekend it disconnects, it should connect on Monday morning, or at least attempt to, which is not happening currently, even with my loss connection settings in place.

I develop software and I know that can be done , I accept it doesn't work like that right now, but I still insist and leave here my suggestion to think about these enhancements for future versions.

Thank you. Rgds.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. With one of the major enhancements in NinjaTrader 8, experienced developers will be able to control, modify, and interact with existing NinjaTrader UI elements. This would allow you to program your own add-on to detect a connection loss, grab the connection menu, and select the desired account to log in.

If you want to read more about what we're excited to bring you in NT8, please see the following 50+ page document:

NinjaTrader 8 Major Enhancements
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

That would be awesome, by the way, is there an expected date for V8 to be released?

Regards

Comment

Hello Rodrigo,

There is no release date at this time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes