Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Beginning NinjaScript automation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginning NinjaScript automation question

Hello. I have never used NinjaScript or NinjaTrader, but am considering it. One question I had though was in regards to the automation capabilities it can provide. Most trading platforms enable low level automation in the form of limit orders. But can Ninja Trader enable me to *automatically* iterate processes (e.g. limit orders)? To further clarify, here is a simplified example:

Say that Stock A is falling sharply, and I would like to buy 1 share of Stock A every time it falls $10. Using traditional brokerage platform methods, I would have to manually set up a limit order, wait for it to be filled, then manually set up a new limit order, wait for it to be filled, and iterate until my 10 desired shares are procured. This will require 10 manual order configurations on my part. I am wondering if NinjaTrader/NinjaScript provides tools to enable me to *fully* automate this process, so that I can click a button, go to sleep, and own all 10 of my desired shares by the time I wake up.

Thanks for your time.

Hello Cag8f,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, this kind of automation is possible with NinjaScript.

There are a couple options available for this. You can either use the Strategy Wizard to create something for this. However, manually coding this will allow you the ability to have a more immersive script that you can control through your code. I.E. Scaling in.

I recommend that you start with the Automated Strategy Development YouTube video.
    This is a great starting ground for understanding how to use the basic interface and how NinjaScript works.

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maaq...56536A44DD7105

We have a comprehensive help guide that goes through the available NinjaScripts items and even some basic tutorials on creating your own script.

* http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nt7/index.html

Our support forum is a wealth of knowledge from our user base and even includes some reference items on how to code particular items.

Lastly, you are always welcome to send in a support request on any items that you may need assistance with.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Since my post I have downloaded the NinjaTrader client. I am beginning to play around with creating a NinjaScript strategy, and see that I can specify conditions and actions. Am I on the right track?

I will take a look at that video, thanks.

Comment

Hello Cag8f,

Yes you are on the right track!
        Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great. Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
          0 responses