Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Compiler error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiler error

Just did an uninstall/reinstall of NT 7 and when I went to the Indicator tag on a desktop chart I noticed that indicators which had been there before the uninstall/reinstall were not there. Therefore went to "Edit Indicator" in NT tools and observed what is in Attachment 1 - the 'lost indicators' are there but are not 'secure' (I don't know what the lock means). Then clicked 'OK' and the indicator code appeared. Performed 'compile' protocol and got Attachment 2 - Compiler Error code CS0006. This is elaborated on in Attachment 3.
    I don't know jack about coding but can someone tell me if this error is easily remedied?
    These indicators were accessible from a desktop chart and worked flawlessly before the uninstall/reinstall.
    TIA
    Attached Files

Hello ljyoung,

Unfortunately I cannot see the entire compiling errors. Can you please hover your cursor between the Error and Code column headers. Click and hold the left mouse button and move to the right to widen the Error column. Once the entire error is visible, please create a new screenshot and post it.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Compiler error

NT-Jason,
      See attachment.
      TIA
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the new screenshot. The errors indicate you are missing .dll references.

Can you please right click in the code window and select 'References'. Click the Add button and add the .dll files that are mentioned in the errors. The .dll files are located in the (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->bin-->Custom folder. If not, please perform a search in Windows to locate the .dll file.

Once you added the missing .dll files in the References window, please compile your NinjaScript files again.

Comment

Compiler error

I think I'm scuppered. NT7 is present only in Program Files(x86)(see Attachment 1). There is no NT7 entry in Program Files. Thus when I do the 'References/Add" routine I cannot generate the path that the script requires.
          When doing the uninstall/reinstall, I cleaned out old copies of NT7 held over from when XP was the OS. Now I have Windows 7 Pro which is a 64 bit entity and NT7 goes to Program Files(x86).
          A possible workaround would be to install an earlier version of NT7 (after uninstalling the present version) and then re-install the present version of NT7 on top of the earlier version.
          Any thoughts or other thoughts?
          TIA
          Attached Files

Comment

Compiler error

I believe my logic is faulty. On my laptop the same situation prevails - NT7 is in Program Files(X86) only but the scripts compile with no problem. I did not do an uninstall/reinstall of NT7 on this computer. So now I'm uncomfortably confused.

Comment

This is as expected in Windows 64 bit. NinjaTrader installs files in two different folders.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7

C:\Program Files (x86)-->NinjaTrader 7

You need to check the (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder to add the .dll references.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post f.saeidi  
              Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
              1 response
              0 likes