Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unable to write cashe data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to write cashe data

Hi Support,
    Every once in a random while some of our customers are getting "Unable to write cache data" error message from NinjaTrader. They are being told, by NT support, this is caused by our indicator (SiBloodHound). BloodHound does not write cache data, therefore it must be NT writing that date. As a side note, if BloodHound does encounter an internal error it's own internal error catching routine will display a custom error window. I am not aware of any NinjaScript method that can write cache data. Is there one? It is my understanding that writing cache data is an internal function of NT. Is that correct?
    Can someone please explain how an indicator could cause NT to write cache data? Or, can we schedule a meeting with someone who can help us uncover what might be causing this issue?

Thank you,
    Zac
    zacwhitesi
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Shark Indicators

Hello Zac,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I'll be contacting you through Skype today
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Zac,

Per our conversation.

Since, we are dealing with custom bar types, there is a known issue with custom bar types and writing to cache folder in the db folder.

Essentially this is dealing with the virtual bars that can be created and the session templates with regards to session break and NT7 attempting to cache this data.

Some methods for helping this are to reduce the number of days the chart is loading, using a default 24/7 session template, and/or deleting the Cache folder which will be located in - (My) Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> db -> Delete the cache folder (This will require a restart of the NinjaTrader application)

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
      Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes