Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Replay Debugging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Debugging

I'm using Vs Express 2012 for debugging my strategy. Everything works OK, when I'm debugging strategy analyzer for historical testing. However when I'm trying to debug the same strategy, in the same debugging session, the same source file with the same breakpoints set, I see resulting orders on my chart, both entry and exit, the results are OK, however I cannot step into my breakpoints, when connected to Market Replay. Of course I compiled in debug mode.

Is Ninja disabling VS debugging mechanism for Market Replay and Real Time data? It might be reasonable, because the program, stepping into VS breakpoint during real time session, would be a disaster.

Please answer.

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

This should work platform wide as long as the debug has been enabled and NinjaTrader has been re compiled.

I am unsure if this process needs to happen again once you change connection.

It is possible that if the replay speed was going too fast it could be skipping the break points.

As for the live data, are you sure the breakpoint is being reached? Rather than a breakpoint you could try a Debug.WriteLine() with something you will see and see if the line is written to the output window. This will at least tell you if its even getting called at all.

There is one forum post related to this located here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...1&postcount=14

You may look over the post and see if this resolves what is happening as well.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 10-01-2014, 10:39 AM.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
    1 response