Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

News "Straddle" Simple(?) Programming Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News "Straddle" Simple(?) Programming Help

Hello,

I have no programming expertise whatsoever so am reaching out for some help for what I assume would be something relatively simple to program for someone with experience. What I am looking to accomplish is an automated way to simultaneously place a Buy Stop (Market) order and a Sell Stop (Market) order at equal intervals (that I can specify) away from the current spot price.

for example... lets say EUR.USD is currently 1.2550 for simplicity sake. I want to be able to specify a pip range away for the buy and sell stop, so lets say I choose 10pips, and 1 lot each. I enter that and then the program would place a buy stop order at 1.2560 and a sell stop at 1.2540. When one triggers, I want the other to remain active. That is all.

Additional bonus points... If there was an option to have the buy order and sell order "float" 10 pips away from spot until a user specified time, that would be neat although not necessary, I can pull the trigger manually... Also... If the orders could have the option to be stop limit orders that would be terrific as well! Any help would be amazingly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Rob
    Last edited by PlusFOUR; 10-03-2014, 08:44 PM.

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your post.

This kind of order placing would only be accomplished by using the Unmanaged Approach for strategies -

While we do not offer custom development of Indicators or Strategies I will leave this thread open for any of our other users wanting to assist
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes