Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT and Threading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT and Threading

Hi,

Does anyone know whether NT is a multithreaded application? More specifically, if I open up several charts, and run the SAME indicator in each of those charts, do the indicators run in separate threads? Also, if I open several charts, and run the same set of indicators in each chart, does each indicator in each chart run inside a separate thread?

Thanks.

Hello Zeos6,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader 7 uses multi-threading for optimizations, however NinjaScript indicators and strategies will be ran on one thread and not a new thread for each instance. Information on multi-threading is available in the NinjaTrader 7 Help Guide at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._threading.htm

Comment

Hi Patrick_H,

Thank you for your response. By the way, the multi-threading information you directed me to is scare and unusable. However, I understand what you are saying regarding the threading of indicators and strategies.

One more question:
      I am assuming therefore that the indicators are executed in the order in which they are loaded, but in what order are the charts executed? Is it the first chart created first (with all its indicators), then the next chart created, and so on?

Comment

Hello Zeos6,

Thank you for your response.

I do not believe there is a specific order to the loading of the charts and indicators. However, I will check with my colleagues tomorrow on this item.

Comment

Hello Zeos6,

Thank you for your response.

The charts may open in various orders based on the Windows operating system as it handles this operation. However, the indicators will be called in the order they are listed in the Indicators menu in the bottom right hand corner, starting with the first chart opened.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin