Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Analyzer - not showing programmed signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically, my end goal is I want to see on the Market Analyzer screen when there has been a divergence on one of the pairs with the last x number of bars.

Step 1: I have a custom indicator. It draws divergence on the chart's bars and on the indicator at the bottom. The indicator also will plot AuxB a 1.0 if there is a buy divergence and mark another plot AuxS with a 1.0 if there is a sell divergence. It will plot this 1 or 0 for x number of bars after the divergence. So in other words, it will have AuxS plotted as a 1.0 for 6 bars after the divergence occurs. I did this so that I can use this for the MA column conditions.

Step 2: I have on the Market Analyzer a column that points to AuxB of this indicator. I set a condition saying that if AuxB is = to 1, then put in field "Buy Div" and make the background green. If AuxB is = to 0, then white background with "No Div" in the field. Reverse is true with AxuS plot as well.

But it is not working as thought. As seen in the attached, I have divergence on the chart. The plot is showing AuxS = 1.0. But when I go to the Market Analyzer, it shows No Div. I have included my actual Column Settings in the attached as well.

What am I doing wrong? I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Stearno
    Attached Files

Stearno, thanks for the post.

Usually this difference is seen when either you would not have enough bars loaded on the MA column to calculate or if the session template was incorrectly set for the MA (comparing to the chart). You could check this by right clicking in your MA > Properties.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I checked both your ponts:
      1. Session Templates - they both were set to <Use Instrument Templates>. I changed them both to Default 24/7. There was no change. (As seen in the attached)
      2. The signal should only require 30 bars, but I tried your idea and set the # of bars to look back to 200 on the MA's colomn.

The same resutls as seen in the attached. What else can I do to fix this?

Is there an issue with double vs int? The indicator is plotting 1.0 and MA colomn forces me to enter the data as 1. Could that be it? If so, how do I fix that?

Thanks,
      Stearno
      Attached Files

Comment

Stearno, both double or int would be fine. The MA uses false per default for the CalculateOnBarClose, what have you set to use on the chart for the indicator, would that make a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Stearno, both double or int would be fine. The MA uses false per default for the CalculateOnBarClose, what have you set to use on the chart for the indicator, would that make a difference?
          Bertrand,
          I changed the MA to do on bar close as well, it did not make a difference. (as seen in the attached) I also changed it to false on both but it still did not show anything on the Market Analyzer.

Okay, so list of what tried so far:
          1. Calc on Bar close
          2. Condition rule of =1, >=1, and >0.
          3. Increased the number of bars to load / lookback to 200 from 50.
          4. Make sure session templates are the same.

The above did not work. What else can I do to get this fixed?

Stearno
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Stearno - would it be possible to test this setup on our end to further investigate this matter? It would be great if you could contact us via Help > Mail to Support or by direct email to platformsupport at ninjatrader dot com.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
            Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes