Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Reprogramming Renko's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reprogramming Renko's

Hey guys, I've recently run into a problem using a type of renko bar called the unirenko available here on the trader forums

The problem is, it doesn't allow for optimization on time periods because you can only optimize based on one time variable and this has 3 and it doesn't allow you to set the offset to 0. The offset being forced to 1 makes the bar type always force cancel a strategy when run live because it places the exit order above market price for a sell by 1/10th of a pip or below market for a buy stop by the same amount. I've been trying to figure out how to reprogram this to make the offset able to be set to 0, or remove it all together since I wont use that. I also need to make the Reversal Offset into a multiplier so that instead of it having a pip based value I can use it like:
    trendOffset * reversalOffsetMultiplier = reversalOffset
    4 * 2 = 8 (standard renko bar setup)

How it currently works:
    trend offset = 4 (optimizable)
    reversal offset = 8 (not optimizable)

and again, this only works if the close offset can be set to 0 and not 1 because that makes the orders cancel when a stop is placed live. Everything I've done to try to remedy these situations throws errors. If anyone can help me reprogram this to change these two factors I would be extremely grateful!

tl;dr;

Close offset needs to be changes to it can be 0 or removed all together(currently forced to 1)

TrendOffset is perfectly fine as is.

Reversal offset needs to become a multiplier of the trend offset to make the reversal offset.
    trendOffset * reversalOffsetMultiplier = reversalOffset
    4 * 2 = 8 (standard renko bar setup)

Thank you anyone who can help!
    Attached Files

Hello Magnatauren,

Thank you for your post.

While we do not offer custom development of scripts and custom bar types are unsupported with NinjaTrader, I will leave this thread open for any of our other users who would be able to assist you with this matter.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 07:24 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by cocoescala, 10-12-2018, 11:02 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes