Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator programming for NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator programming for NT7

Could someone please help with some programming for this indicator. It is a Polynomial Regression Channel that was posted in a previous thread in the forum. I assume it is compatible with NT7, however, I keep getting compile error CS0260 'Missing partial modifier on declaration of type 'Ninjatrader.Indicator.Indicator;' another partial declaration of this type exists'.

Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

homey, welcome to our forums - when is that error for your setup exactly thrown? Upon importing the zip?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_Bertrand. Actually the error occurs when I try compiling the file. I have trouble importing it via the 'File/Utilities' option as the computer picks up errors in other ninjascript files (it doesn't allow me to proceed). So what I do is unzip the PRC2 folder, copy and paste the indicator in the 'Ninjatrader/bin/indicator' directory, compile it, and try to run it that way. It works for other indicators so this method shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

homey, you will need to fix the compile errors in the other scripts first, there's valid reason the import process won't let you proceed here. In what script is the compile issue then found if you double click on the error? Could perhaps post a screenshot here for us?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The reason it will not import is the same as why nothing will compile, you already have existing errors somewhere else. You will not be able to use the indicator until the errors are corrected. I sent you some ideas in your original email question to me earlier. Please read it.

Dan
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by homey View Post
            Hi NinjaTrader_Bertrand. Actually the error occurs when I try compiling the file. I have trouble importing it via the 'File/Utilities' option as the computer picks up errors in other ninjascript files (it doesn't allow me to proceed). So what I do is unzip the PRC2 folder, copy and paste the indicator in the 'Ninjatrader/bin/indicator' directory, compile it, and try to run it that way. It works for other indicators so this method shouldn't be a problem.
            You get error messages because you have copied and pasted indicator files in the past. Other files or references are missing now.

You need to clean up your NinjaTrader installation because you are not allowed to import a new file when NinjaTrader is in a non-compilable state. And please stop copy and pasting.

To clean up your installation please edit any indicator and compile via F5. You will get error messages. Please delete all indicator and strategy files that are listed in those error messages. If need, deleting those files can be done manually via the windows explorer. Repeat that process until you get no more error messages.

Now you can import the file below.

Comment

Thank you all for your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
              115 responses
              1 like
              Last Post kevinenergy  
              Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM