Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

muli color text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

muli color text

Is there any way to have multiple colors in one drawtext or do I need to use multiple drawtext statements?

I have multiple plots in an indicator and wanted to draw a legend that shows what color goes with each plot showing the description in the plot color.
    Last edited by ct; 12-18-2014, 08:41 AM.

Hello CT,

Thank you for your note.

You would need to have multiple DrawText() to have unique colors for each one. You would not be able to have the DrawText() have multiple colors for one call.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ct View Post
      Is there any way to have multiple colors in one drawtext or do I need to use multiple drawtext statements?

I have multiple plots in an indicator and wanted to draw a legend that shows what color goes with each plot showing the description in the plot color.
      What you describe sounds more like you want to be able to change the color of the entire text, based on specified conditions. If so, yes, there is an override for DrawText() that allows you to specify the colors.

Consult the NT Help for the correct syntax.

Comment

Originally posted by ct View Post

I assume you want to make a text colorized the same as its corresponding plot.

Please take the color of the plot first:

Code:
        Color plotColor = Plots[index].Pen.Color;
        index = 0 if you want to specify the first-added plot (in the Initialize section)
        index = 1 if you want to specify the second-added plot (in the Initialize section)
        index = 2 if you want to specify the third-added plot (in the Initialize section)

Then input it to the DrawText() function, using the long signature:
        Code:
        DrawText(string tag, bool autoScale, string text, int barsAgo, double y, int yPixelOffset, [B]Color plotColor[/B], Font font, StringAlignment alignment, Color outlineColor, Color areaColor, int areaOpacity)
        A sample call is:

Code:
        DrawText("my tag" + CurrentBar, AutoScale, "text to display", 0, High[0], 0, [B]plotColor[/B], ChartControl.Font, StringAlignment.Near, Color.Transparent, Color.Transparent, 0);
        Thanks.
        Pi
        Last edited by ninZa; 12-18-2014, 08:46 PM.
        ninZa
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
        3 responses
        1 like
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
        4 responses