• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do I fix OnBarUpdate Error?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I fix OnBarUpdate Error?

I am running a muti time frame strategy with 20 Range and the secondary time frame and 2 Range as primary. Every time I start the strategy I get an error that says I am accessing an index with a value that is invalid... Please show me a way to fix this. Thank you

Hello relogical,

Thanks for your post.

In an MTF environment it is easy to miss an index reference. Without specific error messages or code to review, the best advise I can provide is to review the tips we have in the guide for multi-time frame: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm The guide provides specific requirements for MTF scripting consideration of the various indexes.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by relogical View Post
      I am running a muti time frame strategy with 20 Range and the secondary time frame and 2 Range as primary. Every time I start the strategy I get an error that says I am accessing an index with a value that is invalid... Please show me a way to fix this. Thank you
      Make a check for CurrentBars, and return if said check is not satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by relogical View Post
        In OnBarUpdate(), please include the following statements at the very first lines:

if (CurrentBars[0] < X) return; // ensure your primary series has enough bars
        if (CurrentBars[1] < Y) return; // ensure your secondary series has enough bars
        Your assignment is to determine X and Y, based on your specific indicator programming.

Thanks.
        Pi
        ninZa
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ninza

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bebbus, Today, 04:50 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_JoshG