Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is it possible to sent an e-mail (or a tweet) when I have signal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to sent an e-mail (or a tweet) when I have signal ?

Hi everybody,

I wonder if is it possible to receive an e-mail or a tweet when my indicator detects a signal or I take a trade ? There is any way thanks to Ninjascript or I don't know ... ?

Thanks a lot !

After

It is possible in NinjaTrader 7 to receive an email after different events using the SendMail function:

There is an Email Trade Execution script on our NinjaScript file sharing section which is design to send an email after a live trade execution takes place.

You can either run this on your account, or review the code and implement similar methods in your own custom script.

It would be technically possible to set up authorization to login to the Twitter API using custom C#.NET but I'm not aware of any examples which currently exist.

NinjaTrader 8 will see official support for 'Share Adapters' which will come pre-built with Facebook, Twitter and Stocktwits, and documentation for users to build their own custom share adapters (i.e., Instagram, forums, your own blog, etc).
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks Matthew !

Do you know when Ninja 8 will be release ?

If any person have already experiment tweet thanks to Ninja, feel free to contact me !

Comment

There is not a release date for NinjaTrader 8 at this time. However you can review some of the new features and enhancements from the following document:

If you'd like to receive an email update when the beta version of NinjaTrader 8 is announced, please send us an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and we'll be happy to have you added.

Comment

Hi Matthew,

I've seen the pdf file about NT8, and I read something that is changer big time, therefore I have a doubt.

According to that paper, NT8 will manage forex data differently, cause it will save data as "Last" prices comes and not "Bid" as it's now. Since my broker is interactivebrokers , and according to it, the forex data is and will always be Bid-ask data, and not last sale data...I have this doubt:

Will NT8 register and save Last sale data despite the fact that Interactivebrokers doesn't give that data?

You must realize that despite this data is pretty similar however the behavior is quite different, therefore many Algos which are been optimized in historical Bid data, could be rest useless for a while cause is possible a erratic and unpredictable performance.

I'm lloking forward to hear from regarding this very important issue

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the question, I've responded in your new thread - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=71051

Comment

Thanks for your quick and clear answer

Happy 2015!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred