Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cannot import scripts after fresh NT7 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot import scripts after fresh NT7 install

I just installed NT 7 and tried to import a script. But I get this error: "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File." It did not even prompt for the file location so it's not finding source code errors in the file I want to import. The message pops up immediately when I click "Import NinjaScript".

What causes this error (I have not installed any scripts) and how do I fix it so I can import scripts?

Please rename the Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 to Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 old.
    Then reinstall NinjaTrader.

If you just install NinjaTrader without replacing that folder, old script errors will not be removed.

Alternatively, you can edit any indicator and try to compile it via F5. The error messages below will show you which are the files with programming errors.

Comment

Every one I try to compile gets an error "....NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll not found." This appears to be a problem with my file locations. NT is looking for this DLL in C:\Users\<userid>\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom. But I use C: as my system drive (it's a 128GB SSD drive) and all my data is on my 2TB D: drive. How do I get NT to look to the D: drive instead of C:? These paths don't seem to be configurable. Do I have to hack the registry to get this to work?

Thanks,

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by gdstuart View Post
        Every one I try to compile gets an error "....NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll not found." This appears to be a problem with my file locations. NT is looking for this DLL in C:\Users\<userid>\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom. But I use C: as my system drive (it's a 128GB SSD drive) and all my data is on my 2TB D: drive. How do I get NT to look to the D: drive instead of C:? These paths don't seem to be configurable. Do I have to hack the registry to get this to work?

Thanks,

Geoff
        I have the same configuration - program file on SSD C: drive and data on 1TB D: drive. No problems. I think you just need to select the directory during the installation, but I do not remember it exactly.

You can also try to edit anyone of your indicators, then right-click the editor and select "References". "D:\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll" should show up on the list. Otherwise you can add it manually.

However, adding the reference manually should not be necessary, if you install NinjaTrader from scratch.

Comment

Hello gdstuart,

Thank you for your post.

Please use the instructions in the video at the following link to correct these errors: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/m...rVendorDLL.mp4

Comment

Evidently I moved these folders after I installed Ninja (lots of config going on after my recent HD swap). I reinstalled NT and everything is fine. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post proptrade13  
            Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
            1 response
            0 likes