Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

event-driven methods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

event-driven methods?

which of the event-driven methods would sense a trade occurrence faster?
    I'm trying to programtically get the filled price when placing a trade using the Dome?
    My understanding is I must place an event method in an strategy that would automatically fire and point it's code to print the filled price to the say output. Is this the only and the best approach for doing this?
    thanks

You should monitor OnExecution() however, this will only fire for fills generated by a strategy. You will NOT see fills from a manually placed order.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Then confirm your platform does NOT allow manually initiated trades with Auto Exits?! That is very ODD at best.
      That means we cannot have an adjustable Trailing stop/bracket order etc.?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      ..... You will NOT see fills from a manually placed order.

Comment

- You can NOT manually place a order and manage the open position with a NinjaScript strategy.
        - You CAN manually place an order and manage the open position via an ATM strategy which has trail stops etc...
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Back in the old school of trading, used to be the person placing the trade was different from the one exiting it, who would strictly follow cold rules.
          Then came along computers who could do the same job of exiting manually entered trades by strictly following a Billion more rules if necessary and Zillion times faster…!

The ATM follows just ONE Rule when the trader wishes for his computer to dynamically change those rules on the fly based on momentum, acceleration, rate of change applied simultaneously to Price, Volume and Time of many instruments to decide on how far behind the price should an Stop trail!

Ninja, focuses and accommodates fully automatic trading strategies pretty well, but leaves the discretionary trader with nothing more than the Dome!

Comment

I realize that NinjaTrader doesn't currently offer this capability. However, it is something that I've often wished for (like daily.)

The SuperDOM is a great tool. But it's too mechanical. And it could be so much smarter if there were a way to inject some NinjaScript into the decision making process.

In my opinion, such a feature would make a lot of difference in one's ability to trade profitably. By programatically automating half of the trading decisions (getting out), this would make it easier for users to eventually come up with fully automated mechanical trading straegies and systems based on NinjaTrader.

For me, at this point in time, this is the most wished-for, as yet unimplemented feature that NinjaTrader might potentially have.

I realize that this would probably be a large effort on your part to fully support such a capability in the style we've become accustomed to.

But, how about adding an "undocumented" interface that might be made available to advanced programmers who sign a non-disclosure and promise to not burden you with support headaches?

I have a number of different design suggestions that I'd like to discuss with you (Ray) offline.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

This can already and very easily be implemented and achieved.!
                Any advanced programmers care to partner on this project?

Comment

This idea has been on my projects list for some time and would allow a trader making discretionary entries to also excersize discretion over which exit method to be applied, not to mention have different and more dynamic exits than what ATMs currently offer. My initial tests into this idea have convinced me it is feasible. However, to date I have always passed up this idea as requiring too much development effort for too few clients at the risk of not achieving dependable integration with NinjaTrader nor having confidence that the a solution that works today will continue to work in future NinjaTrader releases.

Its good to see some expressed interest in this idea, unfortunately as much as I like the idea, I do not have the bandwidth for a pro bono project of this nature and scope.

Regards,

Whitmark
                  whitmark
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post nandhumca