• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

FOREX Limit/STOP Orders

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by molecool View Post
    No, I'm actually calling Limit orders on FXCM at the current bid or ask and it's rejecting them every time:

    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...227#post420227

    If anyone has figured this out I would sure appreciate a pointer. Thanks in advance.
    I do not know what mode your forum reader is in, but if you put it into threaded or hybrid mode, you would be able to see the exact and actual post to which I responded, viz: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...629#post403629

    It states clearly, inter alia: "... and I checked I can't place Limits above Current ASK or below BID. in FXCM." That sounds to me that the punter checked from FXCM, and got that information. You might want to cross-check for yourself.

    You might also want to read this particular post: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...24&postcount=5

    Are you using GTC orders?
    Last edited by koganam; 07-24-2015, 04:32 AM.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by koganam View Post
      I do not know what mode your forum reader is in, but if you put it into threaded or hybrid mode, you would be able to see the exact and actual post to which I responded, viz: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...629#post403629

      It states clearly, inter alia: "... and I checked I can't place Limits above Current ASK or below BID. in FXCM." That sounds to me that the punter checked from FXCM, and got that information. You might want to cross-check for yourself.
      I may be placing GTC orders as I haven't disabled them. Let me look into that.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by molecool View Post
        That doesn't really answer my question. No sure what this guy was doing but I'm pretty sure that I'm placing orders correctly and that FXCM is supposed to accept LIMIT orders.
        You responded too fast. The post has been edited.

        Are you using GTC orders?

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by koganam View Post
          You responded too fast. The post has been edited.

          Are you using GTC orders?
          Hehe - and you responded while I was editing mine

          I think I am as I haven't disabled them. They are the default setting in Ninja correct? Let me figure out how to disable that and try try again....

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by koganam View Post
            You responded too fast. The post has been edited.

            Are you using GTC orders?
            Hey quick question - even if GTC was enabled and the order was rejected, shouldn't my strategy have re-attempted to submit if I had the flag set:

            RealtimeErrorHandling = RealtimeErrorHandling.TakeNoAction

            I have implemented the proper rejection handling in OnOrderUpdate. Never got called though. My thinking is that even with GTC on it would have been resubmitted. If you're interested here's my current thread:

            http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=76461

            Thanks in advance.

            Comment


              #21
              Hello molecool,

              I will continue to work with you on the thread below:
              http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...258#post420258
              Patrick H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                Hello molecool,

                I will continue to work with you on the thread below:
                http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...258#post420258
                I have put together a test strategy there so we can find a solution.

                Comment

                Latest Posts

                Collapse

                Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by tecmisc1, Today, 09:57 AM
                0 responses
                2 views
                0 likes
                Last Post tecmisc1  
                Started by mbesha, Today, 09:26 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post mbesha
                by mbesha
                 
                Started by Brillo, Today, 08:58 AM
                0 responses
                6 views
                0 likes
                Last Post Brillo
                by Brillo
                 
                Started by avrege, Today, 01:48 AM
                2 responses
                13 views
                0 likes
                Last Post avrege
                by avrege
                 
                Started by markbb10, Today, 07:14 AM
                0 responses
                7 views
                0 likes
                Last Post markbb10  
                Working...
                X