Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

add KeltnerChannel to a chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add KeltnerChannel to a chart

How can I add the KeltnerChannel from the 4800 chart to the 600 chart?

I know that Add(zzKeltnerChannel(3.5, 55)); in the initialize area will add the 600 keltnerChannel from the 600 scale. But I would like the keltner from the 4800 chart to display on the 600 chart. There is a limit of 256, how do I overcome this?

Hello,

Are you using the Keltner Channel indicator that comes pre-loaded with NinjaTrader, or are you using a third-party version (in your code snippet, it looks like you may be using one called zzKeltnerChannel()).

If you are using the pre-loaded indicator, there are constructor overloads that will allow you to pass in a data series other than the primary data series applied to your chart. You can first use Add() to add a 4800 tick data series in the script, then you can pass BarsArray[int index] into the constructor for KeltnerChannel() to use that data series rather than the 600 tick.

For more information on this, please see the help guide pages linked below:
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...er_channel.htm
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h....html?add3.htm
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...?barsarray.htm

I'm not sure what you mean when you say there is a limit of 256 -- can you clarify that a bit for me?

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by kelliot View Post
      How can I add the KeltnerChannel from the 4800 chart to the 600 chart?

I know that Add(zzKeltnerChannel(3.5, 55)); in the initialize area will add the 600 keltnerChannel from the 600 scale. But I would like the keltner from the 4800 chart to display on the 600 chart. There is a limit of 256, how do I overcome this?
      There is a simple and robust solution:

(1) On minute, volume and tick charts

-> add a Keltner Channel (440, 9.9) to your chart

(2) On range and Renko charts

-> add a Keltner Channel (3520, 28) to your chart.

The result should be good enough for practical purposes. I think that the timeframe multiplier of 8 is a little bit high, I would rather try to approximate a Keltner from a 2400 chart and not a 4800 chart. Also you might want to use a Keltner Channel that uses an EMA instead of a SMA.

Comment

we want to include a 4800 tick chart keltner channel on our 600 tick charts using our strategy code. we can accomplish charting a 4800 keltner channel by selecting " indicators", "KeltnerChannel". For parameters we select "offset multiplier" as 9.9 and "period" of 440. We also MUST select under "Data" the maximum bars look back = "infinity" ( default is twohundredfiftysix).
        In our code, how do we specify "infinity" for the maximum bars look back??
        Without specifying the "infinity", all three lines (midband, upper, lower channel) are on top of each other, i.e. no spread.
        So, how do we modify this line in our strategy code "Add(KeltnerChannel(9.9, 440));"?? or do we need to modify a copy of the Keltner channel" Indicator"??
        (i.e. copy from the "edit ninja script indicator list" and modify it)???
        Looking forward to your feedback.
        If this not clear enough we could do a skype session with you.

Comment

Hello,

You can specify a MaximumBarLookBack from script in the Initialize section, here is the documentation on this: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...umBarsLookBack

If specified in the Strategy, the indicator should follow the same settings as long as the indicator is not adding another series the strategy has not. If the indicator adds its own series, you would need to specify this in the indicator its self.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Worked Great....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM