Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

help with DrawRay function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with DrawRay function

Hello,

Can someonone help on the following code?

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
    {
    // Use this method for calculating your indicator values. Assign a value to each
    // plot below by replacing 'Close[0]' with your own formula.
    // Plot0.Set(Close[0]);

if (CurrentBar > 1) DrawRay("ray", 1, Open[0], 0, Open[0], Color.LimeGreen);

//this.DrawRectangle("Rec", false, 0, High[0], -10, Open[0], Color.Blue, Color.Blue, 3);
    //RemoveDrawObject("tag1");
    }
    This indicator works but does not display the Price. I would like it to display the price on the Price Panel or as a text above the Line

Thanks

Hello KenyaTrader,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

When you say not displaying the price are you referring the plot? or the DrawRay()?
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am referring the plot

Comment

Hello kenyaTrader,

You will need to uncomment the Plot0.Set(Close[0]);, so remove the '//' in front of the Plot0.Set().

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. This is what i wanted with the below code, when the line is drawn, to have it dispaying the price on th line

if (CurrentBar > 1) DrawLine ("Open", -20, Open[0], 0, Open[0], Color.Blue);
          DrawLine("Open2", -20, Open[0] - 3 * TickSize, 0, Open[0] - 3 * TickSize, Color.Red);
          DrawLine("Open3", -20, Open[0] + 3 * TickSize, 0, Open[0] + 3 * TickSize, Color.Red);

Or there might be another way to achieve my goal

Thanks...
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kenyaTrader View Post
            Sorry for the confusion. This is what i wanted with the below code, when the line is drawn, to have it dispaying the price on th line

if (CurrentBar > 1) DrawLine ("Open", -20, Open[0], 0, Open[0], Color.Blue);
            DrawLine("Open2", -20, Open[0] - 3 * TickSize, 0, Open[0] - 3 * TickSize, Color.Red);
            DrawLine("Open3", -20, Open[0] + 3 * TickSize, 0, Open[0] + 3 * TickSize, Color.Red);

Or there might be another way to achieve my goal

Thanks...
            ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...64&postcount=3

Comment

Sorry for my limited knowledge but can you please explain the following variable? strStopValue
              Last edited by kenyaTrader; 03-30-2015, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Hello kenyaTrader,

Thank you for your response and thank you to koganam for that post.

strStopValue is likely a string representing the price level of the stop order in the context of that example. So likely a double that has been converted to a string to be passed to the DrawText().

Comment

this is my final version that works

thanks koganam + NinjaTrader_PatrickH for helping me

{
                  double myOpen = Open[0] ;
                  double myOpen1 = Open[0] - 3 * TickSize;
                  double myOpen2 = Open[0] + 3 * TickSize;

if (CurrentBar > 1) DrawLine ("Open", -17, Open[0], 0, Open[0], Color.Blue);
                  DrawText("Text", true, myOpen.ToString(), -20, Open[0], 0, Color.Black, new Font("Times New Roman", 12), StringAlignment.Center, Color.Blue, Color.Gray, 100);

DrawLine ("Open1", -20, Open[0] - 3 * TickSize, 0, Open[0] - 3 * TickSize, Color.Red);
                  DrawText("Text1", true, myOpen1.ToString(), -20, Open[0] - 3 * TickSize, 0, Color.Black, new Font("Times New Roman", 12), StringAlignment.Center, Color.Blue, Color.Gray, 100);

DrawLine ("Open2", -20, Open[0] + 3 * TickSize, 0, Open[0] + 3 * TickSize, Color.Red);
                  DrawText("Text2", true, myOpen2.ToString(), -20, Open[0] + 3 * TickSize, 0, Color.Black, new Font("Times New Roman", 12), StringAlignment.Center, Color.Blue, Color.Gray, 100);

}
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kenyaTrader View Post
                    this is my final version that works

thanks koganam + NinjaTrader_PatrickH for helping me

{
                    double myOpen = Open[0] ;
                    double myOpen1 = Open[0] - 3 * TickSize;
                    double myOpen2 = Open[0] + 3 * TickSize;

if (CurrentBar > 1) DrawLine ("Open", -17, Open[0], 0, Open[0], Color.Blue);
                    DrawText("Text", true, myOpen.ToString(), -20, Open[0], 0, Color.Black, new Font("Times New Roman", 12), StringAlignment.Center, Color.Blue, Color.Gray, 100);

DrawLine ("Open1", -20, Open[0] - 3 * TickSize, 0, Open[0] - 3 * TickSize, Color.Red);
                    DrawText("Text1", true, myOpen1.ToString(), -20, Open[0] - 3 * TickSize, 0, Color.Black, new Font("Times New Roman", 12), StringAlignment.Center, Color.Blue, Color.Gray, 100);

DrawLine ("Open2", -20, Open[0] + 3 * TickSize, 0, Open[0] + 3 * TickSize, Color.Red);
                    DrawText("Text2", true, myOpen2.ToString(), -20, Open[0] + 3 * TickSize, 0, Color.Black, new Font("Times New Roman", 12), StringAlignment.Center, Color.Blue, Color.Gray, 100);

}
                    You are creating 3 copies of the same font object per run, and not disposing of the objects. You would be better off creating one copy of the font object, using it 3 times, then disposing of it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                    1 response
                    1 like
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                    Started by EB Worx, 04-04-2023, 02:34 AM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post VFI26