Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error on using a C++/CLI DLL in NinjaTrader strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on using a C++/CLI DLL in NinjaTrader strategy

Hi,
    I'm trying to refer from a NinjaTrader strategy on a C++/CLI DLL written in Visual Studio Express, but I get the error message
    "Could not load file or assembly ... or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."
    when I'm trying to run the strategy. Compiling the strategy works fine.

By now I tried:
    - changing the .NET framework version (3.5) and some compiler options in Visual Studio
    - using different directorys for the DLL ("C:\Users\***\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom" and "C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin")
    - restarting NinjaTrader many times and removing/adding the reference in the strategy editor
    - installing different versions of visual c++ redistributable package

The problem happens even when I write a completely plain C++/CLI DLL for testing purposes, which only contains one method doing a simple thing like returning a number or something else. When I write the same "Test-DLL" in C#, I have no problem.
    And when I'm refering to the C++ DLL from another C# project in Visual Studio I have no problem accessing the functionality, too.
    Do anyone have experience with refering to C++/CLI DLLs in NinjaTrader or is there any kind of logfile where I can see which specific assembly or file is missing?

Thanks in advance
    Felix

Hello Felix.Altstadt,

C++ is unsupported language with NinjaTrader and would not be able to provide assistance in this matter.

However, I will leave this thread open for any of our other users who may have run into this and have a solution.

My only recommendation is that the C++ requires a correct exportation in order for the .NET base languages to read. However, the assumption could be incorrect here due to the undocumented sources for this.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post mattbsea  
    Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes