Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

range

Is possible to program a sequence of orders that if you are short Y, when a price reach X sends a long order (which is your stop order ) but can we program to generate a sell order at Y, and if these one is reach generate another one at X long.... like these till infint
    or i need to do it manually?
    Thanks for any comments or advise

Hello,

Thank you for the questions.

In a Strategy in NinjaTrader, you can control the entire order logic using your own logic that you write.

So if you wanted to check if you are short Y and the price crosses above a threshold, place a long order, that is certainly possible. The rest of the logic would also be possible it just depends on how you write it for how it will work.

It really depends on how you would be creating the strategy on what logic you would use. There are the options of manually coding a strategy or using the strategy wizard. The wizard is a limited point and click system, manually coding will of course give you the full flexibility that NinjaTrader can offer.

For more information on strategy development we do have a video that covers the wizard to get you familiar with the processes. After that if you will be manually coding I can provide additional resources on this.

Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video is a recording of our live "Automated Strategy Development Level 1" webinar covering the to...

I look forward to being of further assistance .
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

range

This was very helpfull
      Could you please tell me how to start using my strategy in live trading.?

Comment

Hello,

You would need to select the account you want to use in the Strategy properties and Enable it.

For more information on this we have a few documents that show the ways to use strategies:

After reviewing the documents if anything is unclear, please let me know.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Does the strategy atomaticaly close your position at the close of the market?
          Or how can you add this to the strategy program?
          Using time series?= to what?

Ok thanks for everything!
          Learning a lot!

Comment

Hello,

There is the option in its properties to "Exit On Close", You can find this option if you scroll to the "Order Handling" section of the strategies properties.

You can find more information on this on the first link I had posted, it is in the Understanding strategy properties section.

Exit on Close will use the amount of seconds you define and automatically submit exit orders to close the positions.

Comment

Jesse,
              Your info is very helpfull once more!,
              Do you know how can I add a Daily loss limit PNL cash -500usd to stop the automated trading for the day? PNL For the total accomulative of trades

If my internet gets disconnected, the automated will continue working anyway from your server?

with a topsteptrader account and a combine can i use a automated strategy?
              Because its status is always show in yellow. But in SIM1 Live is working fine/
              Last edited by delek77; 04-13-2015, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

For realtime trades you can use the Trade Performance collection. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ub=performance

This you can get the Gross amounts of profit or loss for this specific strategy, you could then use this logically to do actions in the strategy.

There is also a good reference example here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4084

For your second question, the answer would be no. Your strategy is being run directly from your PC, any logic that controls the order would not be on the server.

If the Internet does go out, it is recommended to contact the broker by phone immediately to manage any positions you may have as NinjaTrader will be unable to do any of its logic if it can not connect to the Internet.

I have not seen anything specific with top step accounts and strategies. Do you have any existing positions on the account? If so this may be caused by the strategies "wait until flat" setting. You could look into the account for any positions and also check the Tools -> Options -> Strategies -> NinjaScript tab for what you have "Wait until flat" set to.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ScottWalsh  
                Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes