Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

If there any real difference between: Recalculate and Keepgoing when connection loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there any real difference between: Recalculate and Keepgoing when connection loss?

I know it seems soundly obvious that there is in fact, BUT, this is my doubt:

Once the system has recovered from the connection loss, and assuming there's not any reloaded data, the Algo calculations for next Bar will be the same , either you choose Recalculate or Keepgoing ? won't it ? I imagine that if an Algo keeps going, it will continue to calculate to whatever data is available.

Any hint will be useful here

Hello,

That will depend upon how long the disconnection has lasted. First, if the connection is re-established within the timeframe specified in DisconnectDelaySeconds, then the strategy will not be stopped, and everything will continue as normal.

If not, then the real impact will depend upon whether the disconnection lasts longer than one bar, and whether the strategy relies on incoming tick data for its calculations. With KeepRunning, if the connection resumes during the same bar with CalculateOnBarClose = True, there should not be much of an impact, but if it resumes after several bars, you may see issues with triggers being missed.

For more information on connection loss handling, please see the links below:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...sshandling.htm

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...layseconds.htm

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
    Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes