Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unexpected Position Exits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexpected Position Exits

Hello,

In the last 2 days, I am experiencing unexpected exits from open positions. Trades are exiting almost immediately upon the position being opened when the PNL is nowhere near the take-profit or stop-loss levels. I am using unmanaged orders and calculating PNL internally.

The rules have been tested in live trading on well over 1,000 trades without incident and have not been changed. Can someone advise why this unusual behavior has arisen and how best to remedy the problem?

Thank you.

Isaac

Hello ivb73077,

Thank you for your post.

Can you advise what time this has occurred and what instruments?
    In addition, please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the this thread in the body of the e-mail: "http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=75322"

Comment

Patrick,

I sent over the log and trace files for the last two days. Note that the issue regards the September 2015 expiry YM contract. The issue occurred at 14:42 ET on 17 June and 11:01 ET on 18 June. At the end of business on 17 June, we cleaned out the data caches to try to prevent the issue, but this clearly did not resolve the problem.

Comment

Hello Isaac,

Thank you for your response.

It looks as though we did not receive the e-mail from the platform. Please manually attach your most current log and trace files to an e-mail to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with this thread in the subject line: "http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=75322"

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
        • The log file will be named "log.20150619.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
        • The trace file will be named "trace.20150619.txt"

Comment

I have just manually resent the files.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by stafe, Yesterday, 08:34 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by jclose, Yesterday, 09:37 PM