Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Compiling but not performing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiling but not performing

I have put together an indicator (from ideas from various sources) that compiles but does not perform the any instruction under OnBarUpdate nor can I get any answer from the output window when I try Print() from there.

As a novice I would appreciate some advice as how to find where I have messed up.

Originally posted by Pete77 View Post
    I have put together an indicator (from ideas from various sources) that compiles but does not perform the any instruction under OnBarUpdate nor can I get any answer from the output window when I try Print() from there.

As a novice I would appreciate some advice as how to find where I have messed up.
    What is the error in your log?

Comment

Hello Pete77,

Thank you for writing in. Please manually attach your most current log and trace files in an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com so I may investigate this matter further. Please make sure to reference this ticket number in the body of the email: #1356587

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder. The log file will be named "log.20150722.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. The trace file will be named "trace.20150722.txt"

If you wouldn't mind attaching your indicator code as well this will help us reach the fastest resolution.

Thank you in advance.
      Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

just my personal experience, but you can usually find the culprit by opening up the output window under the tools menu, then try loading/running your script, the output window usually will state the error. If that does not help, then go with the logs as already suggested.

Comment

Hello gubbar924,

Thank you for the helpful advice in case other users visit this thread.

Please have a great day!
          Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions, gubbar924 I have tried those suggestions My problem is that my project depends on calling methods from another program and this procedure in this case is more complex than I had anticipated for my level of experience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes