Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

weird debug output when not expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird debug output when not expected

As standard practice in development i put in print statements wrapped in a boolean called debug. This i have used in various indicators.

I am having a weird situation in that the same indicator is loaded onto ES CL charts and is fine debug is set to false so no output ..

Yet for FXCM connection $EURUSD and also set to false it is outputting in the output window. I removed the indicator and reloaded and yet it still only prints for this instrument.

I changed the debug from being user parameter and removing it to be a local variable only and removing the properties part.

Is there any potential clash with ninja naming in that i have called it 'debug' ?

I realise adding and removing parameters one must remove and reload the indicator as it can cause problems - this i have done. but this parameter was removed weeks ago and the chart recreated in a new workspace and yet it is behaving oddly

any suggestions?

thanks

Hello soulfx,

Yes, Debug is a special object in NinjaTrader. Using this as a local class variable will replace the object from the NinjaTrader base and will cause issues with the local script.

I recommend you slightly change the name.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post usazencort  
    Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
    5 responses