Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Export Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export Error

Hello,

I am trying to export a strategy file from NT and am getting an error.

The error says "error compiling export sources" and lists the name of an indicator that is not used for the strategy I am trying to export. The referenced indicator compiles without incident, so I am not sure what is causing the issue.

I deleted the indicator, but then got an error stating that the indicator was missing (despite the fact that no strategy actually uses it). I then added it back and continue getting the same error.

I have tried the steps noted here:

but this does not resolve the problem.

Can you please advise how I might remedy this issue?

Thank you.

Hello ivb73077,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please ensure that you are also exporting the indicator that is referenced in the error into your NinjaScript Archive file.
    1. Take note of which indicator is referenced by the error.
    2. Go to your NinjaScript Export utility. (New > Utilities > Export NinjaScript...)
    3. Under “Export objects”, select “System indicators” (or custom indicators if it is a custom indicator)
    4. Add the indicator that was referenced in the error to the export list along with your custom NinjaScript by pressing the > button
    5. Press the “Export” button to create your NinjaScript Archive File. If you receive the same error again, repeat this procedure until you add all the referenced system indicators and are able to successfully export your custom NinjaScript.

Please, let me know if these are the steps you have taken and are still having issues.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As I explained in my initial, I have already tried this:

I have tried the steps noted here:

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Hello ivb73077,

Can you please specify the errors that you are getting in the Log tab of the NinjaTrader Control Center so I may investigate further?

Comment

The error is:

Error compiling export sources C:\......The Type or Namespace could not be found. Are you missing a reference?

The error comes from a custom indicator that compiles without issue. I do not understand why this error is being generated.

Comment

Hello,

So I may assist further, please show me the error message in full (including the file name of said indicator).

Can you please provide screenshots of the error still occurring despite adding this indicator into the export list?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and post the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

I have resolved the issue. Evidently, deleting the indicator and adding it back was required.

Of course, there is no reason this should work, but I will take it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jaybedreamin