Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to.... Create a Chart Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to.... Create a Chart Name

Just before you all race in at 100 knots... not as simple as it seems.
    What I am after is NOT to change the "Label" shown in the top line of a chart (DataSeries\Visual\Label)

What I am after is like what I get when I hit F12 (DrawingTools\Text) which allows me to create a text box and place it on the chart. But to go one step further, I wish to have a text box that I can place in the top left corner of the screen and it will stay there; no matter how much time passes by - or how many candles have progressed.

Anyone help with this or know of where it is to be found?

Appreciated, Pete

Hello KiwiPete,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Ninjatrader forums!

If you wish to do this via an indicator you would use the DrawTextFixed() method which will place the text in any of the 4 corners or center of the chart (panel) and it will stay until removed so it does not move with the bars.

A great example of this is an indicator that has been uploaded by one of our forum members and may be what you are looking for. The description is:

Chart Notes v3 - Add notes to your chart. For example, identify a chart template, or put specific notes on how to trade a particular chart, or instrument, etc.

Here is a link to the indicator in the file sharing area: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d=4&linkid=454 You would click on the blue down area by the name to download the file.

To Import
    • Download the NinjaScript to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    • From the Control Center window select the menu File> Utilities> Import NinjaScript
    • Select the downloaded .zip file
    • NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    Right click you chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NRITV
    by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
    7 responses