Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Additional Reference File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional Reference File

When I go to export an indicator (protected) This additional reference file pops up https://gyazo.com/1052e2e15e5529017d6873854def2d51 and it contains the reference to three other indicators which are not in anyway referenced in the indicator.The notice pops up that the three other indicators are needed for the receiver to open the script when I go to export it.

I went into the export location and deleted the file, but it continues to be added to all new indicators that I create.

I recall saving the three indicators for use in a template that I use, but I am not including any template in the indicator.

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

This can happen with some third party items, they can be included in a compiled export. It is never recommended to export final release or customer ready version of scripts from a platform with third party scripts installed specifically for this reason.

Instead, it is easy to create a separate user folder specifically for exporting that only has the core NinjaTrader items and the source code for what you are trying to export.

While there are a few steps, they are not hard and this prevents further errors. In summary, we will only be renaming 1 folder and creating another, Here are the steps:
    1. Export the source code from the platform not protected.
    2. Exit the platform
    3. Open the folder: Documents
    4. Look for the folder [B]"NinjaTrader 7" [/U]
    5. Rename the "NinjaTrader 7" folder to "NinjaTrader 7 Trading"
    6. Open the Windows control panel -> Programs and features
    7. Select NinjaTrader 7 and click "Repair", if you do not have Repair you can also download the installer from NinjaTrader.com
    8. After the installer finishes, in the Documents folder you will now have "NInjTrader 7" and "NinjaTrader 7 Trading" which contains your files.
    9. Open the platform, you do not need to connect or set anything up.
    10. Import your source code and then check that everything compiles, if so Export as a compiled assembly.

Once you have done this, you should no longer have additional references.txt and customers would have no third party dependencies required.

To restore your trading NinjaTrader, just exit the platform and flip the folder names around or change:
    NinjaTrader 7 -> NinjaTrader 7 Exports
    NinjaTrader 7 Trading -> NinjaTrader 7

Now when you start the platform everything should be as it was prior to making the new user folder. Now any time you need to export compiled, you can just exit, switch the folder names, start up and import your source and export as compiled.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
    12 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
    Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    0 likes