Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Anyone know a good way to start programming???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know a good way to start programming???

I'm very interested in learning the trade of being a computer programmer in general but also in the NT platform. This is a career direction I'm taking both in the tech field and in the trading scene.

Where should I start my journey? Can I get some suggestions from people who have been there and one that?

I've had mega help from forums like this over the last 10 years in the areas of professional climbing and running a tree service, trading, and several intelect's networks. Hopefully I'll get the same kind of help for this.

Thanks

For the NinjaTrader platform, we have some beginner guides to help get you started such as this page:

There is also a few tutorials specific to NinjaScript avaiable to you:

Beyond that there are some excellent 3rd party resources online which we are not affilated with, but I'm happy to share my personal thoughts on this subject.

If you want to get started with C# specifically to help work on custom NinjaScript, MSDN is a great resource itself:

I've found DotNetPerls to be a refreshing take on some concepts where MSDN may be too technical or dry:

While you can definitely learn to program C# using our NinjaScript editor, having Visual Studio helps a lot and a lot of those tutorials are going to assume you have that installed

CodeProject has some good reseources like their Intro to Object Oriented Programming

A good video series is the Channel9 MSDN C# Fundamentals: Development for Absolute Beginners

For just general programming www.coursera.org has free online courses from several well-known universities.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I also like to share this graph from a popular coding article with anyone getting started and to keep it in mind when you hit the cliff of confusion and keep your sights on the upswing of awesome

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks, Matt. I won't forget this.

Comment

Look at Treehouse.com online courses which are pretty cheap.

More oriented to web and phone app development which seem to be marketable skills for now.

Until all IT jobs are outsourced to lowest wage countries, anyway.

Or until the grid goes down... permanently.

Comment

Are you looking to be an expert programmer or someone who can code up their ideas and make something work?

If someone to get to be somewhat comfortable, definitely type out the examples in the help file... You have to be of curious mind - what happens if I change this or that... and be willing to test it out.

There is an e-book - which expands upon things you might be interested in: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/scottdaggett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ZenCortexAuCost  
            Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:22 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ZenCortexAuCost