Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Enum Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enum Problem

The attached code will be imported as strategy "EnumProblem". When you access it or apply it, the INITIALIZATION code does not complete. This is pretty simple stuff and it is going off into the forest. Help!!

Thanks,

RVR
    Attached Files

Sorry, due to bandwidth reasons we are unable to provide support down to the level of actually coding strategies/indicators.

Hint: I suggest trying to apply try/catch blocks in order to trap potential exceptions. Please consult the MS docs for details.

Comment

Deirk:

My strategy compiled successvely, executed without error and terminated prematurely with no error message. This is a problem for the NinjaTrader deveolpment folks. I can't solve my problem by reading more documentation -- I already have.

Thanks,

RVR

Comment

If your strategy does not make it down to the last statement in the Initialize() method then there is a problem with your code in which event you would need to debug as per below.

Not sure why you think this would be a problem "for the NinjaTrader deveolpment folk". At frist glance this code
        BigStuff[0] = BigParameter;
        certainly will fail since there is no array allocated yet.

Also: Please check the logs in case your strategy does not work as expected.

Comment

Deirck

Please click on the "+" sign in the Variables Region and you will see that BigStuff is defined. If you click on the "+" sign in the Properties Region you will see that BigParameter is defined. If these, or any other things, were not defined I would have received error messages.

Everything is defined. The compiler found no errors. When I (or you) select or Apply the strategy there is no error indicator -- but the strategy does not completely execute. This is a problem for the NinjaTrader development folks.

Thanks,

RVR

Comment

Incorrect. Even as the compiler does not find any error, your code still might have logic flaws which is the case in this event (please see my prior post on the bug in "BigStuff[0] = BigParameter").

Comment

Dierk,

Sorry, I didn't see the message in the Log. I'm new to NinjaTrader but not new to programming.

Thanks for the quick help and your patience.

RVR

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Irukandji, Today, 04:58 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Irukandji  
              Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes