Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

5minute count down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5minute count down

Hey guys, I'm curious if I want to make an indicator that draws an arrow every 5 min, using Times[1][0] and Add (Period.Minute, 5); How would I write that? I just don't get it. Is there a way to write a Timer Code that can just do Something every "x" minutes"?

Hello ginx10k,

Thank you for your inquiry.

If you would like to have your script draw an arrow at the bar close of a five minute secondary DataSeries, assuming CalculateOnBarClose is set to true, you can do this:

Code:
    protected override void OnBarUpdate()
    {
         if (BarsInProgress == 1) // draw an arrow if the secondary DataSeries called OnBarUpdate (this is assuming that the five minute bar is at BarsArray[1])
              DrawArrowUp(....);
    }
    I would suggest taking a look at this section of the NinjaTrader help guide for further information about working with multiple time frames: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...nstruments.htm

If you would like to draw an arrow based on a timer instead, I would suggest taking a look at the included BarTimer indicator as this indicator does utilize a timer.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

well, are u tryin to do something every 5 minutes based on your custom startinpoint? or are fine with doin something everytime the 5 min candle closes? bc those are two diffrent things?

Comment

We'll in trying to do something every 5 min of every hour. Not from a starting point. So hopefully using the bar close will do what I need. Thank you both. I'll post back if it doesn't work.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post lorem
        by lorem

Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes