Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Z order of Indicator flashes changes during market updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z order of Indicator flashes changes during market updates

I've have seen this problem on occasion but now I'm trying to fix it since it has become very troubling.

Refer to the attached video:

As the market updates a bar, the trigger indicator changes its 'Z" position from in front of the price bars to behind.

Any ideas what can causes this?

regards,
    taddypole...

Hello,

Thank you for the video.

I am unsure what might cause this, do you have a sample that I could try that demonstrates this?

Based on the video it would seem something may be controlling the zorder each tick possibly, but I am unsure and would need more information to really be able to answer.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Taddypole View Post
      I've have seen this problem on occasion but now I'm trying to fix it since it has become very troubling.

Refer to the attached video:

As the market updates a bar, the trigger indicator changes its 'Z" position from in front of the price bars to behind.

Any ideas what can causes this?

regards,
      taddypole...
      On the video you will notice that you moved your mouse. The mouse wheel can be used to change the z-orders of the plots, when the shift button is pressed at the same time. Maybe you have somehow changed the standard assignments for your mouse buttons?

Comment

Update:

I was going to try to isolate the problem by removing some of the indicators.
        After removing just one indicator, the problem was gone. After re-applying the indicator, the problem was still gone.???

So now I'll have to watch to see if it reappears. I've seen other indicators have a similar problem but have never tried to dig in to see what was causing it since they were not as troublesome. This one is hard to watch.

As for the Zorder, I do know about changing it with the mouse wheel and the Ctrl key. In fact that is what I was doing. Moving the indicator to the front only to look back later and see the indicator had moved to the back.

Oh well, I'm sure it'll be back before long.

regards,
        taddypole...

Comment

Update:

I was going to try to isolate the problem by removing some of the indicators.
          After removing just one indicator, the problem was gone. After re-applying the indicator, the problem was still gone.???

So now I'll have to watch to see if it reappears. I've seen other indicators have a similar problem but have never tried to dig in to see what was causing it since they were not as troublesome. This one is hard to watch.

As for the Zorder, I do know about changing it with the mouse wheel and the Ctrl key. In fact that is what I was doing. Moving the indicator to the front only to look back later and see the indicator had moved to the back.

Oh well, I'm sure it'll be back before long.

regards,
          taddypole...

Then the solution might be easy. The trigger indicator is probably hardcoded to stay behind the bars. When you try to put it in front then it sets itself back as soon as you refresh the chart via F5.

Comment

that was it Harry,

I had started programming in Zorder into some of my indicators. And of course lost track of them. So they were fighting each other.

I'm going back to just loading the indicators in the proper order and load the ones I want in front of price to be loaded first.

regads,
            taddypole...

Comment

that was it Harry,

I had started programming in Zorder into some of my indicators. And of course lost track of them. So they were fighting each other.

I'm going back to just loading the indicators in the proper order and load the ones I want in front of price to be loaded first.

regads,
              taddypole...

You can do the same with the right side margin of the chart. It is even more impressive when the chart jumps back and forth.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Waxavi
              by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes