• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DrawFibonocciCircle Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawFibonocciCircle Issue

I am trying to draw a Fibonacci circle using startTime not startBarsAgo. i can't get it to compile. I get a no overload for method. If I take out the autoscale it still won't compile. The autoscale doesn't show in intellisense when I mouse over the DrawFibonacciCircle.

I even get a compile error if I try to use the example given in the Help:

// Draws a fibonnaci circle
    DrawFibonacciCircle("tag1", true, 10, Low[10], 0, High[0]);

but if I take out the auto-scale("true") it compiles fine.

I can make it work by using bars and not time so I am not stuck but was curious what I am doing wrong with the time overload. I am running build 30.

Here is the exact source code I am trying to compile:
    DrawFibonacciCircle("C1_" + DrawName , false, Times[BarsInProgress][0].AddMinutes(fibOffset), FibPoint2x , Times[BarsInProgress][0].AddMinutes(fibSpanMinutes).AddMinutes(fibOffset), FibPoint1x);

any comment?
    Last edited by ct; 11-24-2015, 09:10 AM.

Hello ct,

Thank you for your inquiry.

It looks like I am able to reproduce this on my end. The overloads provided do not function. The three overloads should be:

Code:
    // first overload
    DrawFibonacciCircle(string tag, bool autoScale, bool divideTimePrice, DateTime startTime, double startY, DateTime endTime, double endY);

// second overload
    DrawFibonacciCircle(string tag, bool autoScale, bool divideTimePrice, int startBarsAgo, double startY, int endBarsAgo, double endY);

// third overload
    DrawFibonacciCircle(string tag, int startBarsAgo, double startY, int endBarsAgo, double endY);
    I have reported this to product management.

Thank you for reporting this!
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ZacharyG

Can you keep me posted on what the estimated fix time might be? I wanted to know if I should wait or just use a work around.

Cheers

Comment

Hello ct,

You would be able to call DrawFibonacciCircle() with one of the overloads I have mentioned in my previous post.

Unfortunately, I do not yet have a definition for the divideTimePrice boolean as of yet, but will provide it in this thread once I receive information.

Since you are wanting to use DateTime, you'll want to use the first overload:

Code:
        DrawFibonacciCircle(string tag, bool autoScale, bool divideTimePrice, DateTime startTime, double startY, DateTime endTime, double endY);
        It looks like the code you have provided does not have all of the arguments in that particular overload. I have highlighted the missing argument in red.

Code:
        DrawFibonacciCircle("C1_" + DrawName, false, bool divideTimePrice, Times[BarsInProgress][0].AddMinutes(fibOffset), FibPoint2x, Times[BarsInProgress][0].AddMinutes(fibSpanMinutes).AddMinutes(fibOffset), FibPoint1x);

Comment

ZacharyG

Houston we have a problem. I can draw the fib circle fine but can't turn on/off auto-scale so my price action ends up crunched very small to fit the entire fib on the viewable area of the chart.. I can draw it by hand and it works fine but not via my indicator.

You already gave me the answer I was just too stupid to see it. The double bool (bool, bool) fixed it.

I'm good for now.
          Last edited by ct; 11-25-2015, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Hello ct,

What is the auto scale argument for your method call set to? Setting this to false should prevent this behavior from occurring.

Can you provide a sample script that can duplicate this behavior?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cmarkb, Today, 12:04 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cmarkb
            by cmarkb

Started by supernova0219, Yesterday, 07:48 PM
            0 responses