Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

set plots to drawtext

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all your help. I've been trying to do something for the longest time with no luck. My ind prints via DrawText. It prints my results around the bars on my charts. I realize to use strategies I need to set my results to plots. So I make my plots and set them = to my variables. But, if my ind creates a value of, say, 1, and the instrument is at a value of 1000, it always prints the 1 at the actual value of 1, which is 1000 points away from where I want it. This makes it unusable. My ind works fine without using plots.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,
      If you have your plot set to the value of it is expected that it will plot at that value. If you are wanting it to display the message elsewhere you would need to add in custom logic to place for the plot to appear where you are wanting it to.
      Can you clarify or provide a screenshot of where you are wanting the plots to actually plot at?
      Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is one of my draw text commands:

{ DrawText("imbalance" + CurrentBar, AutoScale, (+ imbalance).ToString(), 0, Low[0], -(placementimballevel), Color.Pink, ChartControl.Font, StringAlignment.Center, Color.Transparent, Color.Transparent, 0);}
        This prints my indicator result perfectly. I made a variable, 'placementimballevel' which lets me put the result as far below the bar as I choose. Whenever I set a plot to this command (which I'm sure is wrong), I get errors. But the only printing of my result I want on my chart is via this drawtext. I simply want to add some plots, then set these plots to something that will allow it to print exactly as it does right now.

Thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hello,
          What error message do you receive when you try to set the plot to placementimballevel?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyB View Post
            Hello,
            What error message do you receive when you try to set the plot to placementimballevel?
            I'm sorry, I don't think I was clear. I'm not setting a plot to placementimballevel--which is simply the number of ticks away from the high or low of a bar. placementimballevel is not the result I want printed--it's where I WANT the result printed. The errors occurred when I tried to set a plot to the DrawText command itself. I realize this is incorrect, but I do not know how to set it to a variable that will then print my DrawText command. So I'm basically grasping at straws.

I have to assume others use the DrawText command with plots. If so, how do they do it?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello,
              In your previous post you mention that you try to set the plot to the variable placementimballevel but you receive errors.
              As the placementimballevel is where you are placing your drawtexts this is what you would want the plots to be based off of.
              What errors do you receive when you set the plot to the placementimballevel?

Comment

I asked a friend about this and he solved my problem:

Add(new Plot(Color.Transparent, "Your Plot Name"));
                This gives me my plot and leaves my DrawText alone to print.

Do you know how I can go about including sound alert code into my indicator?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello,
                  You can add a sound alert by using the Alert() method. Please see the following link on the Alert() method: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/alert.htm
                  You can also use the PlaySound() method to trigger just a sound. Please see the follwoign link on the PlaySound() method:http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG.../playsound.htm
                  If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.

Comment

My alert is not recognizing my absolute file path which holds my sound files.

Is there a Ninja indicator which has audio alert code I can look at?

If not, could you give me an example of an IF statement followed by an alert() statement, complete with sound file path? I assume it goes in OnBarUpdate.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello,
                      The PriceAlert indicator provides has uses the Alert() method with sound. You can view it by going to Tools> Edit NinjaScript> Indicator> PriceAlert > OK.
                      The help guide also provides an example for the Alert() method which has a sound: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/alert.htm

Is the sound file that you chose a .wav file?
                      Can you provide your line of code you are using for the Alert() method including the string for your file path for the sound file?

Comment

It's working now. The 'pricealert' code has this in the alert statement: Cbi.Core.InstallDir. The help guide does not mention it. So I dropped it in and it now works. It's, however, hard coded; I'd like a variable, which I'm working on.

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view