Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Fixed vertical scale fix using NinjaScript?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed vertical scale fix using NinjaScript?

On NT charts, when the vertical scale(price) is fixed, the candles move off the chart. NT simply suggests that the chart be manually dragged up and down to keep price in view, but obviously one who's busy trading doesn't have time for such stuff. This has been an issue for some years now, so I'm assuming it won't be corrected by NT anytime soon. My question is, can this be fixed by writing a NinjaScript program? A couple of people have written some code to address this issue, but these were not complete fixes, they simply made manual movement of the chart up and down possible with a single click(instead of ctrl + left click). Would it be possible to write code that would simply contain the most recent candle within the top and bottom confines of the chart, so that at least the most recent price action will remain visible? Thanks.

Hello alanack,

When the scaling is set to Fixed scaling it is mean to be "Fixed" in that data on the chart will not move it.

If you do not want this fixed, then click the small "F" to return to automatic scaling where the bars and objects will automatically adjust the chart to keep everything in view.

Are you wanting to put in a feature request to not have the chart be fixed in that the bars on the chart will change the scaling automatically when in Fixed scaling?

With a script, you can draw objects that are included with autoscaling but you will not be able to control the actual range and scale directly.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello alanack,

When the scaling is set to Fixed scaling it is mean to be "Fixed" in that data on the chart will not move it.

If you do not want this fixed, then click the small "F" to return to automatic scaling where the bars and objects will automatically adjust the chart to keep everything in view.

Are you wanting to put in a feature request to not have the chart be fixed in that the bars on the chart will change the scaling automatically when in Fixed scaling?

With a script, you can draw objects that are included with autoscaling but you will not be able to control the actual range and scale directly.
      Hi Chelsea,
      Thanks. I understand how the the fixed and automated preferences for vertical scaling work on NT's charts. But perhaps I didn't make clear just what problem I was hoping to solve. Keeping the vertical scale fixed is extremely helpful for accurately seeing price action, as a quick look at a chart when the vertical scale is automated gives no clue as to the absolute price movement. For me, this is especially important when looking at the shortest time frame of whatever I'm trading. But when the scale is fixed the price runs off the chart, and there simply isn't time while trading to constantly make adjustments to the chart to keep price in view. So to answer your question, yes, I would like to request a new feature. I don't quite understand the request you tried to anticipate, so I will describe it again. Ideally, when fixed vertical scaling is selected, the chart would always adjust up or down to show the most recent candles. I understand that in some instances some of the earlier candles would inevitably run off the chart, but the chart would always adjust vertically to show the candles at the right edge as they're being formed. Thanks.

Comment

Hello alanack,

I wanted to provide you with a tracking ID for your feature request to change the behavior of the fixed scaling so that it automatically adjusts to keep the newest bar in view as each new bar appears.

This request is being tracked with ID# SFT-1120.

We highly value your feedback. Please let me know of any other suggestions or enhancements you would like me to pass along.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        1 response
        0 likes