Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

unzip failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unzip failed

I've been trying to import a ZIP archive but apparently I get a message "..could not decompress the ninjascript archive..". Unzipping the file delivers correct c# code - a single file with the indicator name in the ./Indicator/ subdirectory. The ZIP file was created with winrar. Can this be done at all or do I need another approach to import an external indicator I have in source only? Or is there a tool to do this? I though I'd ask before starting to fiddle with Winzip or the like?

Thanks ahead!

tb

We only support importing NS archives created by NT itself and not by any other 3rd party compressing tool.

Comment

Thanks, that was quick :-).
      So is there any way to get code you have in source only into the system?
      I guess you could create some sort of template and then just paste the text for the relevant methods, not sure that's an elegant work around however?

Comment

Not sure I follow. You export code by File->Utilities->Export NS and import it by File->Utilities->Import NS. Please consult related docs for details.

Comment

Dierk,
          basically what I have from a fellow trader is the source code for two indicators he is normally distributing as a DLL - with obfuscation etc.
          There is no more access to the service that has coded his stuff so we agreed I would have a look at the code and see if I could fix certain things for him.
          So, while familiar with .NET/C# but new to NT I tried to package this in a ZIP - apparently no luck as this needs to be done inside NT for NT seemingly adds some signing bytes or the like to the file.
          I haven't looked further - any hint is appreciated though!
          br
          tb

Comment

Still not sure I follow. If you have sources and the stuff compiles ine in NT then you either
            a) want to deploy sources -> File->Utilities->Export NS
            b) or you want to deploy binaries only -> File->Utilities->Export NS

Comment

I have sources but outside NT.
              I found I can use a wizard when generating a new indicator - but thats answering lots of questions re input values etc. I am not sure about either.
              I can "generate" MyCustomIndicator from Tools-NewNinjaScript as a generic startup - but I did not find how to rename that one to a specific name - as a starting point for replacing with the code I have.
              So, basically, I don't want to deploy, I want to import - from an "external" source.

Comment

Can you ask the author of the sources to export them into a zip?
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If there was no other way ???

Comment

There is another way but not one we support.

You can try copying the indicator file to My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\indicator

Then try and open and compile it. If it works great, if not, reverse the procedure by deleting the file.
                    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                    Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes